Logitech Cordless MX Duo Problem

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
garda

Logitech Cordless MX Duo Problem

Post by garda »

Hi everyone,

I've just tried running Linux Mint 5 R1 through the live cd (haven't installed it on my HDD yet). Overall, I must say that I'm fairly fascinated by this distro and am dying to install it on my machine. There's, however, one problem: I don't seem to be able to use the shortcut keys and multimedia controls of my keyboard (Logitech Cordless Elite, which is part of the Logitech Cordless MX Duo package). I've tried changing keyboard layout setting to all of the available Logitech products listed there to no avail, although some options do seem to make the mute key and volume control work. But still, that's currently the furthest I can get with my limited Linux skills.

Both the mouse and keyboard are connected directly to the respective PS/2 ports (no adapters/converters involved).

Can anyone shed some light on how to get those shortcut keys and multimedia controls of my keyboard fully operational under Mint 5? I'm desperately in need of some assistance.

P.S.: In case it's required, some pictures of the MX Duo package are available here: http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/mxduo/index2.php
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Logitech Cordless MX Duo Problem

Post by Husse »

I have a similar cordless Logitech without any problems - all buttons work
You may have to go to Control Center > Keyboard shortcuts > Select operation - like open browser > Press the browser key on the keyboard and you will probably find that there is a new setting
You write
connected directly to the respective PS/2 ports
but it is a wireless?
garda

Post by garda »

Husse wrote:I have a similar cordless Logitech without any problems - all buttons work
You may have to go to Control Center > Keyboard shortcuts > Select operation - like open browser > Press the browser key on the keyboard and you will probably find that there is a new setting
You write
connected directly to the respective PS/2 ports
but it is a wireless?
Sorry about that and thanks for the heads up. I actually wanted to say "The base station's (receiver's) mouse and keyboard cables are connected directly to the respective PS/2 ports (no converters or adapters involved)".

Anyway, thank you for your response. I'll try it ASAP and see whether it works for me.
garda

Post by garda »

I've managed to assign the shortcut keys and multimedia controls of my keyboard in Mint 5 per Husse's instruction above. But now I want to know how to add new assignments onto the shortcuts list. Take, for example, I want to add 'Open instant messaging' and map it to any shortcut keys I wish which, when pressed, opens Pidgin or any other IM clients. Anyone knows how to make it happen?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Did you post separately about this?
I'm working on it - it does not want to behave as it should on my machine and I don't give the solution until I'm satisfied it works
garda

Post by garda »

Did you post separately about this?
Yes, I apparently did. I posted the question here first but then I thought it fit better on a new thread.
I'm working on it - it does not want to behave as it should on my machine and I don't give the solution until I'm satisfied it works
Oh, that's a one bad news. But I look forward to your solution. Thanks again for your reply.

Return to “Hardware Support”