Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Temporary Saint
Level 3
Level 3

Gmount-iso read-only mounts

Post by Temporary Saint »

Having a problem with Gmount-iso under Maya Cinnamon. I specify the .iso file I want to mount, and then i specify the mount location (I've used the default /media location as well as a folder in my /home directory). When I click the mount button I get an error saying the directory is read-only. An icon for the .iso appears on my desktop, and when I open it with Movie Player, nothing appears in the app's view screen; it's as if there is n file loaded. When I open it with VLC, the DVD menu does not display, but I know it's running due to the time counter advancing. Lastly I cannot unmount the .iso without restarting the computer. Another thing, Gmount-iso appears to change the permissions of the mount location to read-only for the root account. After a reboot the permissions have changed back. Was this permissions behavior always done? The app used to work flawlessly under Isadora.

Steve
Last edited by Temporary Saint on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endeavor to be unique; everyone else does.
Temporary Saint
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Gmount-iso read-only mounts

Post by Temporary Saint »

UPDATE: I get the same results with Furius ISO Mount. Get the same result from both apps when running them as root. What gives?
Endeavor to be unique; everyone else does.

Return to “Software & Applications”