My results, so far I've noticed:
- swsusp produced errors during install (exit code 128). (purged it, the system wasn't hibernating anyway)
- synaptic is not starting up (even with Alt+F2 - gksu synaptic)
- The network applet on the panel has disappeared
- I am using LMDE MATE and I had nemo also installed, now nemo is not starting up
I've restored my previous LMDE backup and tried the thing over again. To report:
Processing 'triggers' for hicolor-icon-theme ...
(gtk-update-icon-cache:21238): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such file or directory
This likely means that your installation is broken.
Try running the command
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache
to make things work again for the time being.
I didn't have permissions to run the above command, not even as root.
- During the installation, I had to choose between old and new configuration files for a few programs. At one stage, I couldn't go on because the keyboard locked and didn't accept any input. (but the keyboard was alive as the Caps Lock LED would light on and off at keypress).
I had to press CTRL + Alt + F1 and order a reboot (the keyboard worked). Rebooted to recovery mode and dpkg --configure -a finished install.
Note: When UP5 came out, it did the same keyboard jam thing.
- After reboot, I couldn't mount a partition on another HDD using caja, I had no permissions to do it.
Solved this by going to the Control Center, Startup Applications, and enabled the Certificate and Key Storage.
Suggestion: Make sure UP7, when upgrading MATE from 1.4 to 1.6, does not disable the Certificate and Key Storage.
- Also here, the network applet on the panel has disappeared. This is my most critical thing because I use a USB broadband modem to go online and I need this.
- I haven't tried hibernation but I'm sure it's not working again even this time...
Restoring backup again...
Will wait for the final release of UP7 and retry again later.
Thanks Clem & Team, kudos for all your efforts and keep up the good work!