Cannot transfer files to iPod

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bataeag

Cannot transfer files to iPod

Post by bataeag »

Running Mint 17, also have a Windows 7 VM built. I plug in my ipod (4th gen) and it mounts, but it will not show up in Rhythymbox or Banshee. I've allowed the iPod to be visible in my VM, but cannot get iTunes or MediaMonkey to see the device. I've read differing opinions that the iPod either works smoothly or doesn't work at all with Linux, but I have tried with 3 different iPods (ah, the joys of having kids). Does anyone have any advice on how I can make this work, or should I wait until I see Steve Jobs on the OtherSide and tell him how much I "appreciate" his products?

Thanks much!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kurok

Re: Cannot transfer files to iPod

Post by kurok »

I dont have an ipod so i cant say with certianty that it works. I have read clementineworks.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Package Manager and install gtkpod and it's recommends.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
bataeag

Post by bataeag »

Clementine sees the iPod, but the playlist creation is awkward and I can't get the iPod to fully mount.

gtkpod will work for managing files on the iPod, but I don't see a way to access my local files to be able to create a playlist or transfer files straight to the iPod. I'll keep working on it.

Return to “Beginner Questions”