Install Mint on MacbookPro 2,2? Possible?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
chm10x
Level 1
Level 1

Install Mint on MacbookPro 2,2? Possible?

Post by chm10x »

I have a MacbookPro 2,2 (mid 2006), OS X 10.6.8, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB disk. All specs are below. I want to install Mint on it and I created a live USB drive (using unetbootin). I plugged the USB drive but my mac does not recognize it during reboot, pressing Alt or pressing C during startup does not bring up the USB as an option to boot from. I also tried burning a DVD but my DVD reader in this macbook isn't working well anymore. Installing efInd does not help either to boot from USB. Booting from USB isn't working.

Apple no longer offers software updates for my mac and I am hoping to install Mint soon. Am I hopeless? What is your advice? How can add the USB booting option to my mac?

Thanks!

------------
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP22.00A5.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.12f5
Serial Number (system): W***
Hardware UUID: ***
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Last edited by chm10x on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Install Mint on MacbookPro 2,2? Possible?

Post by Pierre »

see if this tutorial is helpful:
http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1643
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Newbie Questions”