LM17.3 VirtualBox guest additions pre installed!

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Old Ruler
Level 5
Level 5

LM17.3 VirtualBox guest additions pre installed!

Post by Old Ruler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:39 am

I used to use Linux Mint years ago, but I've come back to it recently and it's going to take some getting used to.

I've been setting up some virtual machines using VirtualBox 5.0.12, the usual way - install the OS - install guest additions, but I noticed the Mint guests complained, and the any shape desktop feature (one of the neatest features of the additions) didn't work, whereas it did for ubuntu 14 and 15.

The feature works out-of-the-box for any Mint 17.3 installed as a VirtualBox guest! That's brilliant.

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Re: LM17.3 VirtualBox guest additions pre installed!

Post by Cosmo. » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:35 pm

Old Ruler wrote:I used to use Linux Mint years ago, but I've come back to it recently and it's going to take some getting used to.

I've been setting up some virtual machines using VirtualBox 5.0.12, the usual way - install the OS - install guest additions, but I noticed the Mint guests complained, and the any shape desktop feature (one of the neatest features of the additions) didn't work, whereas it did for ubuntu 14 and 15.

The feature works out-of-the-box for any Mint 17.3 installed as a VirtualBox guest! That's brilliant.
Is this a question or a notice?

Old Ruler
Level 5
Level 5

Re: LM17.3 VirtualBox guest additions pre installed!

Post by Old Ruler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:19 pm

It's an exclamation of excellence. It may even help someone else who inadvertently broke the additions by doing as I did.

Return to “Virtualization”