USB Disconnection

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
LoganK107
Level 1
Level 1

USB Disconnection

Post by LoganK107 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:32 pm

I am currently working on an AR Sandbox Project, and the main issue at this point is getting the Kinect Camera to stay connected. This is the error message that I receive after about one minute after launching the AR Kinect program.

Caught exception USB::Device::writeControl: Device has been disconnected

I have searched around for similar issues when it comes to a Sandbox project, but so far I have had no luck. If anyone knows what can or should be done to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mute Ant
Level 14
Level 14

Re: USB Disconnection

Post by Mute Ant » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Can you confirm that the USB hardware really has stayed connected...the message might be an accurate report of wobbly hardware...or hardware getting bored and switching to standby. Here's an output from the dmesg command after I pulled out a USB stick...

Code: Select all

usb-storage 2-2:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
scsi7 : usb-storage 2-2:1.0
scsi 7:0:0:0: Direct-Access     TDK LoR  Lady Bug         PMAP PQ: 0 ANSI: 4
sd 7:0:0:0: [sdb] 15116736 512-byte logical blocks: (7.73 GB/7.20 GiB)
sd 7:0:0:0: [sdb] Write Protect is off
sd 7:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk
//snip//
usb 2-2: USB disconnect, device number 4
While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named "manual".

Return to “Newbie Questions”