Dolphin file manager doesn't show folder any icon

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
4goodapp
Level 1
Level 1

Dolphin file manager doesn't show folder any icon

Postby 4goodapp » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:06 am

Hellooo,

I just install Linux mint. Finally. then as with every Linux distro :cry: :cry: , am facing a problem, this time, Dolphin file manager doesn't show any icon http://i.imgur.com/svgUxle.png

L0cutus
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Dolphin file manager doesn't show folder any icon

Postby L0cutus » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Same thing here....
Solution ?

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Postby xenopeek » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:58 pm

It doesn't look like you're using KDE but probably Cinnamon. Correct? Dolphin runs best on KDE as it is part of that desktop environment. Mixing up Gtk and Qt applications can be a pain with themes; as you're trying to use an application built with the Qt toolkit on a desktop environment written for Gtk toolkit. The issue you're having is probably related to the icon theme. It may be solvable; if you changed to a different icon theme, change back to the default. Try using Dolphin from a new user account. I have no other suggestions but to recommend you use KDE if you want to use Dolphin.

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Postby xenopeek » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:15 pm

If other users with the same problem stumble across this issue, I have a fix for Dolphin's weirdness in Fix no icons showing in Dolphin on 18 / 18.1 Cinnamon, MATE or Xfce

Return to “Newbie Questions”