[Solved] Lenovo Ideapad 310, no sound

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Nestor_83
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] Lenovo Ideapad 310, no sound

Post by Nestor_83 »

hey guys.

i have now installed linux mint on the third device and it is the second one where i have major sound problems.

the device is a lenovo ideapad 310 15ikb
- there is a ssd and a hdd drive in it. linux runs on the ssd (its a samsung).
- the cpu is an intel core i5 (7th gen)
- i completely erased windows 10 from the entire laptop.

first installation of linux mint 18 kde was successful, so the standard bios settings allowed me to install. but i noticed, despite the fact that the desktop screen itself including the previous windows are loading quite quickly, the taskbar is coming way way later. i am talking about one to three minutes. thats oddly slow for a ssd and has maybe something to do with the problem that must be solved.

then i realized i had no sound from the internal speaker and from the headphones. and thats a problem tat must be solved!

- so first thing i did was to install pulse audio (pvaucontrol) -> no results.
- i installed alsamixer (genome)
- it did not even recognize my internal speakers. there was written in the output section something like 'dummy device' (in pulseaudio)
- so i was searching the internet and applied a thousand useless fixes to get it going. but no result.
- it did not really recognize the soundcard, i mean its an internal one but i thought maybe its a problem with initializing the hardware itself and so it might have something to do with the bios settings.

- so i disabled 'secure boot'
- i disabled 'intel platform trust technology' and i think other "security" stuff, but i think they are not so relevant. maybe i am wrong.
- booting on uefi
- i installed linux again

then there was sound. i tried it first from the usb stick on youtube during the installation and then when it was done from youtube and some video on vlc.
i thought "awesome!" too good to be true.
and it was. now there is no sound again. the fix unfixed itself so to say. and i have no idea why!

- i installed pulse audio again. no results
- i can see that the videos are playing in the 'output device' section but,
- the device is now called 'built-in audio' instead of 'dummy device'
- i tried every variation in 'configuration'

what can i do? i have no plan anymore! please help me.
i am not new to linux but when it comes to the codes i am a copy paste guy. i do not really know a lot of programming. please consider this.

thanks in advance :)
Last edited by Nestor_83 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nestor_83
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 310, no sound

Post by Nestor_83 »

Code: Select all

me@MyC ~ $ inxi -Fxzd
System:    Host: MyC Kernel: 4.4.0-53-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0) Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.8.5 (Qt 5.6.1)                                                                                                                                
           Distro: Linux Mint 18.1 Serena                                                                                                                                                                                                    
Machine:   System: LENOVO (portable) product: 80TV v: Lenovo ideapad 310-15IKB                                                                                                                                                               
           Mobo: LENOVO model: Torronto 5C2 v: SDK0J40709 WIN Bios: LENOVO v: 3JCN19WW date: 08/10/2016                                                                                                                                      
CPU:       Dual core Intel Core i5-7200U (-HT-MCP-) cache: 3072 KB                                                                                                                                                                           
           flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx) bmips: 10847                                                                                                                                                                 
           clock speeds: max: 2601 MHz 1: 700 MHz 2: 600 MHz 3: 1100 MHz 4: 1700 MHz                                                                                                                                                         
Graphics:  Card: Intel Device 5916 bus-ID: 00:02.0                                                                                                                                                                                           
           Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1920x1080@60.01hz                                                                                                                                  
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Kabylake GT2 GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0 Direct Rendering: Yes                                                                                                                                      
Audio:     Card Intel Device 9d71 driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1f.3 Sound: ALSA v: k4.4.0-53-generic                                                                                                                                     
Network:   Card-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller                                                                                                                                                         
           driver: r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI port: 3000 bus-ID: 01:00.0                                                                                                                                                                            
           IF: enp1s0 state: down mac: <filter>                                                                                                                                                                                              
           Card-2: Intel Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Plus Bluetooth driver: iwlwifi bus-ID: 02:00.0                                                                                                                                     
           IF: wlp2s0 state: up mac: <filter>                                                                                                                                                                                                
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 1128.2GB (1.8% used) ID-1: /dev/sda model: SAMSUNG_MZYTY128 size: 128.0GB                                                                                                                                         
           ID-2: /dev/sdb model: ST1000LM035 size: 1000.2GB                                                                                                                                                                                  
           Optical: No optical drives detected.                                                                                                                                                                                              
Partition: ID-1: / size: 106G used: 7.7G (8%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2                                                                                                                                                                        
           ID-2: swap-1 size: 12.78GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda3                                                                                                                                                              
RAID:      No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present                                                                                                                                                                       
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 35.0C mobo: N/A                                                                                                                                                                                         
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Info:      Processes: 191 Uptime: 1:00 Memory: 1164.8/11915.6MB Init: systemd runlevel: 5 Gcc sys: 5.4.0                                                                                                                                     
           Client: Shell (bash 4.3.461) inxi: 2.2.35                                                                                                                                                                                         
me@MyC ~ $                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

maybe this helps.
- what i did too after the sound broke again i installed drivers over driver manager
- and i updated the leftovers in the software manager.

is it maybe possible that the new problem was made by the software update itself? because i did update everything after installation.
Nestor_83
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Nestor_83 »

i think this meas the audio card is detected

me@MyC ~ $ inxi -Axx
Audio:     Card Intel Device 9d71 driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1f.3 chip-ID: 8086:9d71
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.4.0-62-generic

maybe this is useful too

me@MyC ~ $ aplay -L
    Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
null
    Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
pulse
    PulseAudio Sound Server
i installed genome alsamixer from the software manager again
when i open it i cannot see anything but the upper bar. when i click edit - soundcard preferences it crashes entirely.

i dont wanna sound pushy, but i need to solve this problem soon. so please give me some input. i appreciate everything.
maybe i should try to install some other linux distribution. what are your thoughts on that. is there a better functioning distribution? something that works for my lenovo for sure?
what i really dont wanna do is go back to windows.
Nestor_83
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Nestor_83 »

in have it running now! and i have no ***** clue why exactly!

i got somewhere along the way a warning which needed this fix:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/99651/ap ... en-us-utf8
i don't think it was the solution but i want to mention it anyway.

then i read over the first view points on this page:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iTl ... SFLMI/edit
and thought the alsa itself should be important.

so i had only installed the genome-alsamixer and the program crashed all the time as i explained further behind.
the old alsamixer is not installed on mint 18, or maybe its only the surface which is not there, so i thought maybe this will help. its not included in the software manager so i choose a program almost randomly. it was QasMixer. then i played a bit around and selected the 'hw: card' on the 'mixer device' box.

after the next reboot it worked! awesome! but
i dont know what it was that fixed the problem. i think the problem was that the genome-alsamixer did not recognize the hardware. that means the genome-alsamixer is crappy, because it dropped essential functions on the update in regard of hardware recognition. or the default setting were useless.

final point

first i must say i am a passionate linux user and i like the idealism of the community to have a system not run by one company which can do and sell anything they please.
but i got NO support when i was desperate for help. basically this topic was a monolog. thats weak guys!
but it should not even come this fare because what an os MUST have is just not there. the office, the browser and videos MUST work. without any fixes! immediately after the installation!
when linux wants to be relevant there's no way around the fact that the community has to do more either to fix this things or to have some hardware verification system which is not some years old and absolutely reliable.
when i want to win somebody over to give linux a try and i have to tell them i needed three full days to fix a basic function on my new computer they think i am a weirdo! and rightfully so! all the arguments in regard of the microsoft policy to exclude other software are cute but not one of my friends will be interested in it. because a computer has to work. especially when its a new one.

i did not even find a good article in regard of the right bios settings for me. installation guids do not mention bios settings but they should! it should even be mentioned at the main installation of linux mint, because it causes trouble along the way.
i dont even know now after the fix if my bios is set correctly, because there is some intel sh** where i can guess if i need to deactivate it or not.

heads up my dear linux community
its awesome what you do,
but you need to do a little better!
whazammo
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [Solved] Lenovo Ideapad 310, no sound

Post by whazammo »

HEY ! hats off to your comments about no help... we here are so anti-anything Microsoft it might be illegal, and my moving to Linux 5 log years ago while webmaster for three 200 page poetry websites (cold turkey) has been quite the experience for a 70-year-old, this latest Lenovo think pad upgrade and 2 tb desktop move has turned into a disgust.

I beat these Lenovo, Ubuntu, Linux Mint sites to death about the Intel-MS10-Mint18.3-Lenovo OS problems when I too dumped MS outta here from these November 2018 built new units, until I saw your article I have received scorn only -certainly no help, and zero support, very very disappointing, I still have no sound, and cannot network between units all because of some Microsoft lock-out software add-on called "blocker" that Intel and Lenovo co-opted late in 2018.

Possibly 200 hours have gone into trying a solve, and I am getting nowhere. very disenchanted with the help network.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

whazammo wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:18 pm
HEY ! hats off to your comments about no help... we here are so anti-anything Microsoft it might be illegal, and my moving to Linux 5 log years ago while webmaster for three 200 page poetry websites (cold turkey) has been quite the experience for a 70-year-old, this latest Lenovo think pad upgrade and 2 tb desktop move has turned into a disgust.

I beat these Lenovo, Ubuntu, Linux Mint sites to death about the Intel-MS10-Mint18.3-Lenovo OS problems when I too dumped MS outta here from these November 2018 built new units, until I saw your article I have received scorn only -certainly no help, and zero support, very very disappointing, I still have no sound, and cannot network between units all because of some Microsoft lock-out software add-on called "blocker" that Intel and Lenovo co-opted late in 2018.

Possibly 200 hours have gone into trying a solve, and I am getting nowhere. very disenchanted with the help network.
Hi whazammo.

You have not posted one sound related question on this forum as yet. Can you give a description of the issue, and include the output of running inxi -Fxz and aplay -l in the terminal. Let's add the output of pacmd list-sinks as well please.
deader69
Level 1
Level 1

Re:Lenovo Ideapad S145, no sound

Post by deader69 »

I'm having a "no sound" problem too. Speakers and earphones stopped working, though everything looks normal.
If there is a better thread for this bug, please let me know.

Here's my system info:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
deader@deader-IdeaPad-S145-15AST:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

--------------------------------------------------------------------
deader@deader-IdeaPad-S145-15AST:~$ inxi -Fxz
System:
Host: deader-IdeaPad-S145-15AST Kernel: 5.4.0-52-generic x86_64 bits: 64
compiler: gcc v: 7.5.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8 Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic
Machine:
Type: Laptop System: LENOVO product: 20JW v: IdeaPad S145-15AST serial: <filter>
Mobo: LENOVO model: LNVNB161216 v: SDK0K17763WIN serial: <filter>
UEFI [Legacy]: LENOVO v: AYCN18WW date: 06/05/2019
Battery:
ID-1: BAT0 charge: 26.8 Wh condition: 26.8/30.6 Wh (88%) model: CPT-COS L16C2PB2
CPU:
Topology: Dual Core model: AMD A6-9225 RADEON R4 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G bits: 64
type: MCP arch: Excavator L2 cache: 1024 KiB
flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm bogomips: 10380
Speed: 1363 MHz min/max: 1300/2600 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1553 2: 1567
Graphics:
Device-1: AMD Stoney [Radeon R2/R3/R4/R5 Graphics] vendor: Lenovo driver: amdgpu
v: kernel bus ID: 00:01.0
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: amdgpu,ati
unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1366x768~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: AMD STONEY (DRM 3.35.0 5.4.0-52-generic LLVM 10.0.0)
v: 4.5 Mesa 20.0.8 direct render: Yes
Audio:
Device-1: AMD vendor: Lenovo driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:01.1
Device-2: AMD Family 15h Audio vendor: Lenovo driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel
bus ID: 00:09.2
Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.4.0-52-generic
Network:
Device-1: Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Lenovo
driver: rtl8821ce v: N/A port: 1000 bus ID: 02:00.0
Drives:
Local Storage: total: 465.76 GiB used: 420.94 GiB (90.4%)
ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Western Digital model: WD5000LPCX-24VHAT0 size: 465.76 GiB
Partition:
ID-1: / size: 457.45 GiB used: 420.94 GiB (92.0%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda1
Sensors:
System Temperatures: cpu: 44.6 C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Info:
Processes: 201 Uptime: 7d 1h 45m Memory: 6.40 GiB used: 2.77 GiB (43.2%)
Init: systemd runlevel: 5 Compilers: gcc: 7.5.0 Shell: bash v: 4.4.20 inxi: 3.0.32

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYSTEM INFO > Upload System Info (from the desktop menu)

System: Host: deader-IdeaPad-S145-15AST Kernel: 5.4.0-52-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc
v: 7.5.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8 wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic
Machine: Type: Laptop System: LENOVO product: 20JW v: IdeaPad S145-15AST serial: <filter>
Chassis: type: 10 v: IdeaPad S145-15AST serial: <filter>
Mobo: LENOVO model: LNVNB161216 v: SDK0K17763WIN serial: <filter> UEFI [Legacy]: LENOVO
v: AYCN18WW date: 06/05/2019
Battery: ID-1: BAT0 charge: 26.8 Wh condition: 26.8/30.6 Wh (88%) volts: 8.5/7.6
model: CPT-COS L16C2PB2 serial: <filter> status: Full
CPU: Topology: Dual Core model: AMD A6-9225 RADEON R4 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G bits: 64
type: MCP arch: Excavator L2 cache: 1024 KiB
flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm bogomips: 10380
Speed: 1594 MHz min/max: 1300/2600 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1599 2: 1624
Graphics: Device-1: AMD Stoney [Radeon R2/R3/R4/R5 Graphics] vendor: Lenovo driver: amdgpu
v: kernel bus ID: 00:01.0 chip ID: 1002:98e4
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: amdgpu,ati unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa
resolution: 1366x768~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: AMD STONEY (DRM 3.35.0 5.4.0-52-generic LLVM 10.0.0)
v: 4.5 Mesa 20.0.8 direct render: Yes
Audio: Device-1: AMD vendor: Lenovo driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:01.1
chip ID: 1002:15b3
Device-2: AMD Family 15h Audio vendor: Lenovo driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel
bus ID: 00:09.2 chip ID: 1022:157a
Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.4.0-52-generic
Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Lenovo
driver: rtl8821ce v: N/A port: 1000 bus ID: 02:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:c821
Drives: Local Storage: total: 465.76 GiB used: 421.01 GiB (90.4%)
ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Western Digital model: WD5000LPCX-24VHAT0 size: 465.76 GiB
speed: 6.0 Gb/s serial: <filter>
Partition: ID-1: / size: 457.45 GiB used: 421.01 GiB (92.0%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda1
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 42.5 C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Repos: No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list
Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-earth-pro.list
1: deb [arch=amd64] http: //dl.google.com/linux/earth/deb/ stable main
Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list
1: deb http: //packages.linuxmint.com tricia main upstream import backport #id:linuxmint_main
2: deb http: //archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic main restricted universe multiverse
3: deb http: //archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates main restricted universe multiverse
4: deb http: //archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports main restricted universe multiverse
5: deb http: //security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic-security main restricted universe multiverse
6: deb http: //archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ bionic partner
Info: Processes: 198 Uptime: 7d 1h 41m Memory: 6.40 GiB used: 2.21 GiB (34.5%) Init: systemd
v: 237 runlevel: 5 Compilers: gcc: 7.5.0 alt: 7 Client: Unknown python3.6 client
inxi: 3.0.32

Thanks,
dave
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Hi Dave,

It's probably best to get a look at your full sound setup with this command:

curl https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/raw/master/src/utils/pa-info?inline=false | bash | nc termbin.com 9999
The last line of output will have a URL pointing to the info.

Did this problem just creep up today? Or did you just install and noticed no sound?
deader69
Level 1
Level 1

Post by deader69 »

UPDATE: I just got the speakers working, though now I think I'm hearing an occasional very minor crackle-pop.
Will report more after some usage/testing.

I simply used the following command, and rebooted.

sudo alsa force-reload

And I now see "Speakers Built-In Audio" from the SOUND > OUTPUT gui,
wherease before it showed "Dummy Output" or something.
FYI, I found the above solution here: https://itsfoss.com/fix-sound-ubuntu-1304-quick-tip/,
which offers many other possible solutions too.

YouTube now works, MAME game sounds work, VLC works, BUT I hear minor crackling when adjusting volume with up/down arrow keys.
And I'm not sure, but maybe the audio quality is not quite as good (or maybe it is, hard to tell)

So, while working pretty well, I suppose this should be a new bug report/post?
How should I title it? I fixed the original (no sound) bug, almost, but now have minor crackling when volume changed via keyboard.

I actually can live with it, but am more than willing to help however I can to make it perfect.
Below the output you requested.
Thanks!
dave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
deader@deader-IdeaPad-S145-15AST:~$ curl https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaud ... line=false | bash | nc termbin.com 9999
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 2039 100 2039 0 0 5351 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 5351
lsof: WARNING: can't stat() tracefs file system /sys/kernel/debug/tracing
Output information may be incomplete.
https://termbin.com/sfr1
deader@deader-IdeaPad-S145-15AST:~$
deader69
Level 1
Level 1

Post by deader69 »

Here's my output from terminal cmd. I have to split it into two parts to post on this forum.
Part One below.

curl https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaud ... line=false | bash | nc termbin.com 9999

deader    1288  8.1  0.3 2381204 20596 ?       S<l  18:51   0:52 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog
deader    2853  0.0  0.0  11468  1068 pts/0    S+   19:02   0:00 grep pulseaudio
> pidof pulseaudio
> pactl info
Server String: unix:/run/user/1000/pulse/native
Library Protocol Version: 32
Server Protocol Version: 32
Is Local: yes
Client Index: 14
Tile Size: 65472
User Name: deader
Host Name: deader-IdeaPad-S145-15AST
Server Name: pulseaudio
Server Version: 11.1
Default Sample Specification: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
Default Channel Map: front-left,front-right
Default Sink: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_09.2.analog-stereo
Default Source: alsa_input.pci-0000_00_09.2.analog-stereo
Cookie: 6b58:4c0b
Module #0
	Name: module-device-restore
	Argument: 
	Usage counter: n/a
	Properties:
		module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
		module.description = "Automatically restore the volume/mute state of devices"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #1
	Name: module-stream-restore
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Automatically restore the volume/mute/device state of streams"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #2
	Name: module-card-restore
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Automatically restore profile of cards"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #3
	Name: module-augment-properties
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Augment the property sets of streams with additional static information"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #4
	Name: module-switch-on-port-available
	Argument: 
	Properties:

Module #5
	Name: module-switch-on-connect
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.author = "Michael Terry"
		module.description = "When a sink/source is added, switch to it or conditionally switch to it"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #6
	Name: module-udev-detect
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Detect available audio hardware and load matching drivers"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #7
	Name: module-alsa-card
	Argument: device_id="0" name="pci-0000_00_01.1" card_name="alsa_card.pci-0000_00_01.1" namereg_fail=false tsched=yes fixed_latency_range=no ignore_dB=no deferred_volume=yes use_ucm=yes card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1"
	Usage counter: 0
	Properties:
		module.description = "ALSA Card"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #8
	Name: module-alsa-card
	Argument: device_id="1" name="pci-0000_00_09.2" card_name="alsa_card.pci-0000_00_09.2" namereg_fail=false tsched=yes fixed_latency_range=no ignore_dB=no deferred_volume=yes use_ucm=yes card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1"
	Usage counter: 3
	Properties:
		module.description = "ALSA Card"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #9
	Name: module-bluetooth-policy
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.author = "Frédéric Dalleau, Pali Rohár"
		module.description = "Policy module to make using bluetooth devices out-of-the-box easier"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #10
	Name: module-bluetooth-discover
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.author = "João Paulo Rechi Vita"
		module.description = "Detect available Bluetooth daemon and load the corresponding discovery module"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #11
	Name: module-bluez5-discover
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.author = "João Paulo Rechi Vita"
		module.description = "Detect available BlueZ 5 Bluetooth audio devices and load BlueZ 5 Bluetooth audio drivers"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #12
	Name: module-native-protocol-unix
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Native protocol (UNIX sockets)"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #13
	Name: module-default-device-restore
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Automatically restore the default sink and source"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #14
	Name: module-rescue-streams
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "When a sink/source is removed, try to move its streams to the default sink/source"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #15
	Name: module-always-sink
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.author = "Colin Guthrie"
		module.description = "Always keeps at least one sink loaded even if it's a null one"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #16
	Name: module-intended-roles
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Automatically set device of streams based on intended roles of devices"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #17
	Name: module-suspend-on-idle
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "When a sink/source is idle for too long, suspend it"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #18
	Name: module-console-kit
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Create a client for each ConsoleKit session of this user"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #19
	Name: module-systemd-login
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Create a client for each login session of this user"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #20
	Name: module-position-event-sounds
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Position event sounds between L and R depending on the position on screen of the widget triggering them."
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #21
	Name: module-role-cork
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Mute & cork streams with certain roles while others exist"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #22
	Name: module-snap-policy
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.author = "Canonical Ltd"
		module.description = "Ubuntu Snap policy management"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #23
	Name: module-filter-heuristics
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Detect when various filters are desirable"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #24
	Name: module-filter-apply
	Argument: 
	Properties:
		module.description = "Load filter sinks automatically when needed"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #25
	Name: module-x11-publish
	Argument: display=:0
	Properties:
		module.description = "X11 credential publisher"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #26
	Name: module-x11-cork-request
	Argument: display=:0
	Properties:
		module.description = "Synthesize X11 media key events when cork/uncork is requested"
		module.version = "11.1"

Module #27
	Name: module-x11-xsmp
	Argument: display=:0 session_manager=local/deader-IdeaPad-S145-15AST:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/1094,unix/deader-IdeaPad-S145-15AST:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1094
	Properties:
		module.description = "X11 session management"
		module.version = "11.1"

Sink #0
	State: RUNNING
	Name: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_09.2.analog-stereo
	Description: Built-in Audio Analog Stereo
	Driver: module-alsa-card.c
	Sample Specification: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
	Channel Map: front-left,front-right
	Owner Module: 8
	Mute: no
	Volume: front-left: 65536 / 100% / 0.00 dB,   front-right: 65536 / 100% / 0.00 dB
	        balance 0.00
	Base Volume: 65536 / 100% / 0.00 dB
	Monitor Source: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_09.2.analog-stereo.monitor
	Latency: 11520 usec, configured 11610 usec
	Flags: HARDWARE HW_MUTE_CTRL HW_VOLUME_CTRL DECIBEL_VOLUME LATENCY 
	Properties:
		alsa.resolution_bits = "16"
		device.api = "alsa"
		device.class = "sound"
		alsa.class = "generic"
		alsa.subclass = "generic-mix"
		alsa.name = "Generic Analog"
		alsa.id = "Generic Analog"
		alsa.subdevice = "0"
		alsa.subdevice_name = "subdevice #0"
		alsa.device = "0"
		alsa.card = "1"
		alsa.card_name = "HD-Audio Generic"
		alsa.long_card_name = "HD-Audio Generic at 0xf0b64000 irq 38"
		alsa.driver_name = "snd_hda_intel"
		device.bus_path = "pci-0000:00:09.2"
		sysfs.path = "/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:09.2/sound/card1"
		device.bus = "pci"
		device.vendor.id = "1022"
		device.vendor.name = "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD]"
		device.product.id = "157a"
		device.form_factor = "internal"
		device.string = "front:1"
		device.buffering.buffer_size = "65536"
		device.buffering.fragment_size = "32768"
		device.access_mode = "mmap+timer"
		device.profile.name = "analog-stereo"
		device.profile.description = "Analog Stereo"
		device.description = "Built-in Audio Analog Stereo"
		alsa.mixer_name = "Realtek Generic"
		alsa.components = "HDA:10ec0230,17aa382f,00100002"
		module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
		device.icon_name = "audio-card-pci"
	Ports:
		analog-output-speaker: Speakers (priority: 10000, not available)
		analog-output-headphones: Headphones (priority: 9000, available)
	Active Port: analog-output-headphones
	Formats:
		pcm

Source #0
	State: IDLE
	Name: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_09.2.analog-stereo.monitor
	Description: Monitor of Built-in Audio Analog Stereo
	Volume: front-left: 65536 / 100% / 0.00 dB,   front-right: 65536 / 100% / 0.00 dB
	        balance 0.00
	Base Volume: 65536 / 100% / 0.00 dB
	Monitor of Sink: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_09.2.analog-stereo
	Latency: 0 usec, configured 371519 usec
	Flags: DECIBEL_VOLUME LATENCY 
	Properties:
		device.description = "Monitor of Built-in Audio Analog Stereo"
		device.class = "monitor"
		alsa.card = "1"
		device.bus = "pci"
		device.string = "1"
	Formats:
		pcm

Source #1
	State: RUNNING
	Name: alsa_input.pci-0000_00_09.2.analog-stereo
	Description: Built-in Audio Analog Stereo
	Mute: yes
	Volume: front-left: 65540 / 100% / 0.00 dB,   front-right: 65540 / 100% / 0.00 dB
	        balance 0.00
	Base Volume: 6554 /  10% / -60.00 dB
	Monitor of Sink: n/a
	Latency: 48 usec, configured 40000 usec
	Flags: HARDWARE HW_MUTE_CTRL HW_VOLUME_CTRL DECIBEL_VOLUME LATENCY 
	Properties:
		alsa.resolution_bits = "16"
		device.api = "alsa"
		device.class = "sound"
		alsa.class = "generic"
		alsa.subclass = "generic-mix"
		alsa.name = "Generic Analog"
		alsa.id = "Generic Analog"
		alsa.subdevice = "0"
		alsa.subdevice_name = "subdevice #0"
		alsa.device = "0"
		alsa.card = "1"
		device.bus = "pci"
		device.string = "front:1"
		device.buffering.buffer_size = "65536"
		device.buffering.fragment_size = "32768"
		device.access_mode = "mmap+timer"
		device.profile.name = "analog-stereo"
		device.profile.description = "Analog Stereo"
		device.description = "Built-in Audio Analog Stereo"
		alsa.mixer_name = "Realtek Generic"
		alsa.components = "HDA:10ec0230,17aa382f,00100002"
	Ports:
		analog-input-internal-mic: Internal Microphone (priority: 8900)
		analog-input-mic: Microphone (priority: 8700, not available)
	Active Port: analog-input-internal-mic
	Formats:
		pcm

Sink Input #1
	Driver: protocol-native.c
	Owner Module: 12
	Client: 9
	Sink: 0
	Sample Specification: float32le 2ch 44100Hz
	Format: pcm, format.sample_format = "\"float32le\""  format.rate = "44100"  format.channels = "2"  format.channel_map = "\"front-left,front-right\""
	Corked: no
	        balance 0.00
	Buffer Latency: 22403 usec
	Sink Latency: 11183 usec
	Resample method: copy
	Properties:
		application.icon_name = "chromium-browser"
		media.name = "Playback"
		application.name = "Falkon"
		native-protocol.peer = "UNIX socket client"
		native-protocol.version = "32"
		media.icon_name = "falkon"
		application.process.id = "1687"
		application.process.user = "deader"
		application.process.host = "deader-IdeaPad-S145-15AST"
		application.process.binary = "falkon"
		application.language = "en_US.UTF-8"
		window.x11.display = ":0"
		application.process.machine_id = "aaa642a1efb049fba8d6ca0c8d22ff0a"
		application.process.session_id = "c2"
		module-stream-restore.id = "sink-input-by-application-name:Falkon"
deader69
Level 1
Level 1

Post by deader69 »

Here's Part Two:

Sink Input #3
	Client: 13
	Sink: 0
	Sample Specification: float32le 2ch 48000Hz
	Format: pcm, format.rate = "48000"  format.sample_format = "\"float32le\""  format.channels = "2"  format.channel_map = "\"front-left,front-right\""
	Corked: yes
	        balance 0.00
	Buffer Latency: 639270 usec
	Sink Latency: 11137 usec
	Resample method: speex-float-1
	Properties:
		media.role = "video"
		media.name = "audio stream"
		application.name = "VLC media player (LibVLC 3.0.8)"
		application.id = "org.VideoLAN.VLC"
		application.version = "3.0.8"
		application.icon_name = "vlc"
		application.process.id = "2205"
		application.process.binary = "vlc"
		module-stream-restore.id = "sink-input-by-media-role:video"

Source Output #1
	Client: 11
	Source: 1
	Sample Specification: float32le 1ch 25Hz
	Channel Map: mono
	Format: pcm, format.sample_format = "\"float32le\""  format.rate = "25"  format.channels = "1"  format.channel_map = "\"mono\""
	Corked: no
	Volume: mono: 65536 / 100% / 0.00 dB
	        balance 0.00
	Buffer Latency: 0 usec
	Source Latency: 234 usec
	Resample method: peaks
	Properties:
		application.id = "org.gnome.VolumeControl"
		media.name = "Peak detect"
		application.name = "cinnamon"
		application.icon_name = "multimedia-volume-control"
		application.version = "4.4.1"
		application.process.id = "2056"
		application.process.binary = "python3.6"
		module-stream-restore.id = "source-output-by-application-id:org.gnome.VolumeControl"

Client #0
	Driver: module-systemd-login.c
	Owner Module: 19
	Properties:
		application.name = "Login Session c2"
		systemd-login.session = "c2"

Client #2
	Properties:
		application.name = "Cinnamon Volume Control Media Keys"
		application.process.id = "1262"
		application.process.binary = "csd-media-keys"

Client #5
	Driver: module-x11-xsmp.c
	Owner Module: 27
	Properties:
		application.name = "XSMP Session on cinnamon-session as 10adc58a8720a851c9160453387797691200000010940051"
		xsmp.vendor = "cinnamon-session"
		xsmp.client.id = "10adc58a8720a851c9160453387797691200000010940051"

Client #6
	Properties:
		application.name = "Cinnamon Volume Control"
		application.process.id = "1360"
		application.process.binary = "cinnamon"

Client #7
	Properties:
		application.name = "libcanberra"
		application.version = "0.30"
		application.id = "org.freedesktop.libcanberra"
		application.process.id = "1245"
		application.process.binary = "csd-sound"

Client #8
	Properties:
		application.name = "Chrome input"

Client #9
	Properties:
		application.name = "Falkon"
		application.icon_name = "falkon"
		media.icon_name = "falkon"

Client #11
	Properties:
		application.name = "cinnamon"
		application.process.id = "2056"
		application.process.binary = "python3.6"

Client #13
	Properties:
		application.name = "VLC media player (LibVLC 3.0.8)"
		application.id = "org.VideoLAN.VLC"
		application.version = "3.0.8"
		application.icon_name = "vlc"
		application.process.id = "2205"
		application.process.binary = "vlc"

Client #15
	Properties:
		application.name = "pactl"
		application.process.id = "2858"
		application.process.binary = "pactl"
		application.language = "C"

Card #0
	Name: alsa_card.pci-0000_00_01.1
	Owner Module: 7
	Properties:
		alsa.card = "0"
		alsa.card_name = "HDA ATI HDMI"
		alsa.long_card_name = "HDA ATI HDMI at 0xf0b60000 irq 37"
		device.bus_path = "pci-0000:00:01.1"
		sysfs.path = "/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.1/sound/card0"
		device.bus = "pci"
		device.vendor.id = "1002"
		device.vendor.name = "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]"
		device.product.id = "15b3"
		device.string = "0"
		device.description = "Built-in Audio"
	Profiles:
		output:hdmi-stereo: Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 5400, available: no)
		output:hdmi-surround: Digital Surround 5.1 (HDMI) Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 300, available: no)
		output:hdmi-surround71: Digital Surround 7.1 (HDMI) Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 300, available: no)
		off: Off (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
	Active Profile: off
	Ports:
		hdmi-output-0: HDMI / DisplayPort (priority: 5900, latency offset: 0 usec, not available)
			Properties:
				device.icon_name = "video-display"
			Part of profile(s): output:hdmi-stereo, output:hdmi-surround, output:hdmi-surround71

Card #1
	Name: alsa_card.pci-0000_00_09.2
	Properties:
		alsa.card = "1"
		device.bus = "pci"
		device.string = "1"
		device.description = "Built-in Audio"
	Profiles:
		input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Input (sinks: 0, sources: 1, priority: 60, available: yes)
		output:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 6000, available: yes)
		output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Duplex (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 6060, available: yes)
		off: Off (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
	Active Profile: output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
	Ports:
		analog-input-internal-mic: Internal Microphone (priority: 8900, latency offset: 0 usec)
			Properties:
				device.icon_name = "audio-input-microphone"
			Part of profile(s): input:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
		analog-input-mic: Microphone (priority: 8700, latency offset: 0 usec, not available)
			Properties:
				device.icon_name = "audio-input-microphone"
			Part of profile(s): input:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
		analog-output-speaker: Speakers (priority: 10000, latency offset: 0 usec, not available)
			Properties:
				device.icon_name = "audio-speakers"
			Part of profile(s): output:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
		analog-output-headphones: Headphones (priority: 9000, latency offset: 0 usec, available)
			Properties:
				device.icon_name = "audio-headphones"
			Part of profile(s): output:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
# PulseAudio is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
# PulseAudio is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
# General Public License for more details.
#
# You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
# along with PulseAudio; if not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

## Configuration file for the PulseAudio daemon. See pulse-daemon.conf(5) for
## more information. Default values are commented out.  Use either ; or # for
## commenting.

; daemonize = no
; fail = yes
; allow-module-loading = yes
; allow-exit = yes
; use-pid-file = yes
; system-instance = no
; local-server-type = user
; enable-shm = yes
; enable-memfd = yes
; shm-size-bytes = 0 # setting this 0 will use the system-default, usually 64 MiB
; lock-memory = no
; cpu-limit = no

; high-priority = yes
; nice-level = -11

; realtime-scheduling = yes
; realtime-priority = 5

; exit-idle-time = 20
; scache-idle-time = 20

; dl-search-path = (depends on architecture)

; load-default-script-file = yes
; default-script-file = /etc/pulse/default.pa

; log-target = auto
; log-level = notice
; log-meta = no
; log-time = no
; log-backtrace = 0

; resample-method = speex-float-1
; avoid-resampling = false
; enable-remixing = yes
; remixing-use-all-sink-channels = yes
; enable-lfe-remixing = no
; lfe-crossover-freq = 0

flat-volumes = no

; rlimit-fsize = -1
; rlimit-data = -1
; rlimit-stack = -1
; rlimit-core = -1
; rlimit-as = -1
; rlimit-rss = -1
; rlimit-nproc = -1
; rlimit-nofile = 256
; rlimit-memlock = -1
; rlimit-locks = -1
; rlimit-sigpending = -1
; rlimit-msgqueue = -1
; rlimit-nice = 31
; rlimit-rtprio = 9
; rlimit-rttime = 200000

; default-sample-format = s16le
; default-sample-rate = 44100
; alternate-sample-rate = 48000
; default-sample-channels = 2
; default-channel-map = front-left,front-right

; default-fragments = 4
; default-fragment-size-msec = 25

; enable-deferred-volume = yes
deferred-volume-safety-margin-usec = 1
; deferred-volume-extra-delay-usec = 0
# PulseAudio is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
#
#

## Configuration file for PulseAudio clients. See pulse-client.conf(5) for
## more information. Default values are commented out.  Use either ; or # for
## commenting.

; default-sink =
; default-source =
; default-server =
; default-dbus-server =

; autospawn = yes
; daemon-binary = /usr/bin/pulseaudio
; extra-arguments = --log-target=syslog

; cookie-file =

; enable-shm = yes
; shm-size-bytes = 0 # setting this 0 will use the system-default, usually 64 MiB

; auto-connect-localhost = no
; auto-connect-display = no
# This file is part of PulseAudio.
#
# PulseAudio is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
# under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
#
#

# This startup script is used only if PulseAudio is started per-user
# (i.e. not in system mode)

.fail

### Automatically restore the volume of streams and devices
load-module module-device-restore
load-module module-stream-restore
load-module module-card-restore

### Automatically augment property information from .desktop files
### stored in /usr/share/application
load-module module-augment-properties

### Should be after module-*-restore but before module-*-detect
load-module module-switch-on-port-available

### Use hot-plugged devices like Bluetooth or USB automatically (LP: #1702794)
.ifexists module-switch-on-connect.so
load-module module-switch-on-connect
.endif

### Load audio drivers statically
### (it's probably better to not load these drivers manually, but instead
### use module-udev-detect -- see below -- for doing this automatically)
#load-module module-alsa-sink
#load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
#load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
#load-module module-oss-mmap device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
#load-module module-null-sink
#load-module module-pipe-sink

### Automatically load driver modules depending on the hardware available
.ifexists module-udev-detect.so
load-module module-udev-detect
.else
### Use the static hardware detection module (for systems that lack udev support)
load-module module-detect
.endif

### Automatically connect sink and source if JACK server is present
.ifexists module-jackdbus-detect.so
.nofail
load-module module-jackdbus-detect channels=2
.fail
.endif

### Automatically load driver modules for Bluetooth hardware
.ifexists module-bluetooth-policy.so
load-module module-bluetooth-policy
.endif

.ifexists module-bluetooth-discover.so
load-module module-bluetooth-discover
.endif

### Load several protocols
.ifexists module-esound-protocol-unix.so
load-module module-esound-protocol-unix
.endif
load-module module-native-protocol-unix

### Network access (may be configured with paprefs, so leave this commented
### here if you plan to use paprefs)
#load-module module-esound-protocol-tcp
#load-module module-native-protocol-tcp
#load-module module-zeroconf-publish

### Load the RTP receiver module (also configured via paprefs, see above)
#load-module module-rtp-recv

### Load the RTP sender module (also configured via paprefs, see above)
#load-module module-null-sink sink_name=rtp format=s16be channels=2 rate=44100 sink_properties="device.description='RTP Multicast Sink'"
#load-module module-rtp-send source=rtp.monitor

### Load additional modules from GConf settings. This can be configured with the paprefs tool.
### Please keep in mind that the modules configured by paprefs might conflict with manually
### loaded modules.
.ifexists module-gconf.so
.nofail
load-module module-gconf
.fail
.endif

### Automatically restore the default sink/source when changed by the user
### during runtime
### NOTE: This should be loaded as early as possible so that subsequent modules
### that look up the default sink/source get the right value
load-module module-default-device-restore

### Automatically move streams to the default sink if the sink they are
### connected to dies, similar for sources
load-module module-rescue-streams

### Make sure we always have a sink around, even if it is a null sink.
load-module module-always-sink

### Honour intended role device property
load-module module-intended-roles

### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
load-module module-suspend-on-idle

### If autoexit on idle is enabled we want to make sure we only quit
### when no local session needs us anymore.
.ifexists module-console-kit.so
load-module module-console-kit
.endif
.ifexists module-systemd-login.so
load-module module-systemd-login
.endif

### Enable positioned event sounds
load-module module-position-event-sounds

### Cork music/video streams when a phone stream is active
load-module module-role-cork

### Block audio recording for snap confined packages unless they have
### the "pulseaudio" or "audio-record" interfaces plugged.
.ifexists module-snap-policy.so
load-module module-snap-policy
.endif

### Modules to allow autoloading of filters (such as echo cancellation)
### on demand. module-filter-heuristics tries to determine what filters
### make sense, and module-filter-apply does the heavy-lifting of
### loading modules and rerouting streams.
load-module module-filter-heuristics
load-module module-filter-apply

### Make some devices default
#set-default-sink output
#set-default-source input
# This file is part of PulseAudio.
#
# PulseAudio is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
# under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
#
#

# This startup script is used only if PulseAudio is started in system
# mode.

### Automatically load driver modules depending on the hardware available
.ifexists module-udev-detect.so
load-module module-udev-detect
.else
### Use the static hardware detection module (for systems that lack udev/hal support)
load-module module-detect
.endif

### Load several protocols
.ifexists module-esound-protocol-unix.so
load-module module-esound-protocol-unix
.endif
load-module module-native-protocol-unix

### Automatically restore the volume of streams and devices
load-module module-stream-restore
load-module module-device-restore

### Automatically restore the default sink/source when changed by the user
### during runtime
### NOTE: This should be loaded as early as possible so that subsequent modules
### that look up the default sink/source get the right value
load-module module-default-device-restore

### Automatically move streams to the default sink if the sink they are
### connected to dies, similar for sources
load-module module-rescue-streams

### Make sure we always have a sink around, even if it is a null sink.
load-module module-always-sink

### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
load-module module-suspend-on-idle

### Enable positioned event sounds
load-module module-position-event-sounds
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  6 Nov  4 18:56 /dev/snd/pcmC1D0c
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  5 Nov  4 18:52 /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  2 Nov  4 18:51 /dev/snd/pcmC0D3p
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  8 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/controlC1
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  7 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/hwC1D0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  4 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/controlC0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  3 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/hwC0D0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  1 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/seq
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 33 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/timer

/dev/snd/by-path:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  80 Nov  4 18:50 .
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  12 Nov  4 18:50 pci-0000:00:09.2 -> ../controlC1
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 240 Nov  4 18:50 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  12 Nov  4 18:50 pci-0000:00:01.1 -> ../controlC0
pulseaudi 1288 deader  mem    CHR  116,5           469 /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p
pulseaudi 1288 deader   17u   CHR  116,4      0t0  463 /dev/snd/controlC0
pulseaudi 1288 deader   18u   CHR  116,8      0t0  474 /dev/snd/controlC1
pulseaudi 1288 deader   25u   CHR  116,8      0t0  474 /dev/snd/controlC1
pulseaudi 1288 deader   30u   CHR  116,8      0t0  474 /dev/snd/controlC1
pulseaudi 1288 deader   50u   CHR  116,8      0t0  474 /dev/snd/controlC1
pulseaudi 1288 deader   53u   CHR  116,5      0t0  469 /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p
pulseaudi 1288 deader   58u   CHR  116,6      0t0  470 /dev/snd/pcmC1D0c
  ; type=BOOLEAN,access=r-------,values=1
  : values=off
card=1
numid=14,iface=CARD,name='Headphone Jack'
  : values=on
numid=13,iface=CARD,name='Internal Mic Phantom Jack'
numid=12,iface=CARD,name='Mic Jack'
  : values=off
numid=15,iface=CARD,name='Speaker Phantom Jack'
null
pulse
    PulseAudio Sound Server
hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0
    HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0
    HDMI Audio Output
dmix:CARD=HDMI,DEV=3
    HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0
    Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=HDMI,DEV=3
    HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0
    Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=HDMI,DEV=3
    HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=HDMI,DEV=3
    HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0
    Hardware device with all software conversions
sysdefault:CARD=Generic
    HD-Audio Generic, Generic Analog
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    Front speakers
surround21:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround40:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
dmix:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
dsnoop:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
hw:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
plughw:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
null
pulse
    PulseAudio Sound Server
sysdefault:CARD=Generic
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    Front speakers
dmix:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
dsnoop:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
hw:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
plughw:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
!!ALSA Information Script v 0.4.64
!!################################

!!Script ran on: Thu Nov  5 00:02:05 UTC 2020

!!Linux Distribution
!!------------------

Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia \n \l DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia" NAME="Linux Mint" ID=linuxmint ID_LIKE=ubuntu PRETTY_NAME="Linux Mint 19.3" HOME_URL="https://www.linuxmint.com/" SUPPORT_URL="https://forums.linuxmint.com/" BUG_REPORT_URL="http://linuxmint-troubleshooting-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/" PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.linuxmint.com/" UBUNTU_CODENAME=bionic

!!DMI Information
!!---------------

Manufacturer:      LENOVO
Product Name:      20JW
Product Version:   IdeaPad S145-15AST
Firmware Version:  AYCN18WW

!!Kernel Information
!!------------------

Kernel release:    5.4.0-52-generic
Operating System:  GNU/Linux
Architecture:      x86_64
Processor:         x86_64
SMP Enabled:       Yes

!!ALSA Version
!!------------

Driver version:     k5.4.0-52-generic
Library version:    
Utilities version:  1.1.3

!!Loaded ALSA modules
!!-------------------

snd_hda_intel
snd_hda_intel

!!Sound Servers on this system
!!----------------------------

Pulseaudio:
      Installed - Yes (/usr/bin/pulseaudio)
      Running - Yes

!!Soundcards recognised by ALSA
!!-----------------------------

0 [HDMI           ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI
                      HDA ATI HDMI at 0xf0b60000 irq 37
 1 [Generic        ]: HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic
                      HD-Audio Generic at 0xf0b64000 irq 38

!!PCI Soundcards installed in the system
!!--------------------------------------

00:01.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 15b3
00:09.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h (Models 60h-6fh) Audio Controller

!!Advanced information - PCI Vendor/Device/Subsystem ID's
!!-------------------------------------------------------

00:01.1 0403: 1002:15b3
	Subsystem: 17aa:3810
--
00:09.2 0403: 1022:157a
	Subsystem: 17aa:3813

!!Modprobe options (Sound related)
!!--------------------------------

snd_pcsp: index=-2
snd_usb_audio: index=-2
snd_atiixp_modem: index=-2
snd_intel8x0m: index=-2
snd_via82xx_modem: index=-2
snd_atiixp_modem: index=-2
snd_intel8x0m: index=-2
snd_via82xx_modem: index=-2
snd_usb_caiaq: index=-2
snd_usb_ua101: index=-2
snd_usb_us122l: index=-2
snd_usb_usx2y: index=-2
snd_cmipci: mpu_port=0x330 fm_port=0x388
snd_pcsp: index=-2

!!Loaded sound module options
!!---------------------------

!!Module: snd_hda_intel
	align_buffer_size : -1
	bdl_pos_adj : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
	beep_mode : N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N
	dmic_detect : Y
	enable : Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y
	enable_msi : -1
	id : (null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)
	index : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
	jackpoll_ms : 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
	model : (null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)
	patch : (null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)
	pm_blacklist : Y
	position_fix : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
	power_save : 1
	power_save_controller : Y
	probe_mask : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
	probe_only : 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
	single_cmd : -1
	snoop : -1

!!Module: snd_hda_intel
	align_buffer_size : -1
	bdl_pos_adj : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
	beep_mode : N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N,N
	dmic_detect : Y
	enable : Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y
	enable_msi : -1
	id : (null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)
	index : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
	jackpoll_ms : 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
	model : (null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)
	patch : (null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)
	pm_blacklist : Y
	position_fix : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
	power_save : 1
	power_save_controller : Y
	probe_mask : -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
	probe_only : 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
	single_cmd : -1
	snoop : -1

!!HDA-Intel Codec information
!!---------------------------
--startcollapse--

Codec: ATI R6xx HDMI
Address: 0
AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 0)
Vendor Id: 0x1002aa01
Subsystem Id: 0x00aa0100
Revision Id: 0x100700
No Modem Function Group found
Default PCM:
    rates [0x70]: 32000 44100 48000
    bits [0x2]: 16
    formats [0x1]: PCM
Default Amp-In caps: N/A
Default Amp-Out caps: N/A
State of AFG node 0x01:
  Power states:  D0 D3 CLKSTOP EPSS
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0, Clock-stop-OK
GPIO: io=0, o=0, i=0, unsolicited=0, wake=0
Node 0x02 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x221: Stereo Digital Stripe
  Converter: stream=0, channel=0
  Digital: Enabled
  Digital category: 0x0
  IEC Coding Type: 0x0
Node 0x03 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400381: Stereo Digital
  Control: name="IEC958 Playback Con Mask", index=0, device=0
  Control: name="IEC958 Playback Pro Mask", index=0, device=0
  Control: name="IEC958 Playback Default", index=0, device=0
  Control: name="IEC958 Playback Switch", index=0, device=0
  Pincap 0x00000094: OUT Detect HDMI
  Pin Default 0x185600f0: [Jack] Digital Out at Int HDMI
    Conn = Digital, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT
  Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
  Connection: 1
     0x02
Node 0x04 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x221: Stereo Digital Stripe
  Digital:
Node 0x05 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400381: Stereo Digital
  Pin Default 0x585600f0: [N/A] Digital Out at Int HDMI
     0x04
Node 0x06 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x221: Stereo Digital Stripe
  Digital:
Node 0x07 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400381: Stereo Digital
     0x06
Node 0x08 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x221: Stereo Digital Stripe
  Digital:
Node 0x09 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400381: Stereo Digital
     0x08
Codec: Realtek Generic
Address: 0
AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1)
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0230
Subsystem Id: 0x17aa382f
Revision Id: 0x100002
No Modem Function Group found
Default PCM:
    rates [0x560]: 44100 48000 96000 192000
    bits [0xe]: 16 20 24
Default Amp-In caps: N/A
Default Amp-Out caps: N/A
State of AFG node 0x01:
  Power states:  D0 D1 D2 D3 D3cold CLKSTOP EPSS
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0
GPIO: io=3, o=0, i=0, unsolicited=1, wake=0
  IO[0]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0
  IO[1]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0
  IO[2]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0
Node 0x02 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x41d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Control: name="Speaker Playback Volume", index=0, device=0
    ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x57, nsteps=0x57, stepsize=0x02, mute=0
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Converter: stream=5, channel=0
  PCM:
    rates [0x60]: 44100 48000
  Power states:  D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS
Node 0x03 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x41d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Control: name="Headphone Playback Volume", index=0, device=0
  Device: name="Generic Analog", type="Audio", device=0
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x57, nsteps=0x57, stepsize=0x02, mute=0
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x57 0x57]
  Converter: stream=5, channel=0
  PCM:
    rates [0x60]: 44100 48000
Node 0x04 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x05 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x06 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x611: Stereo Digital
  Digital:
  PCM:
    rates [0x5e0]: 44100 48000 88200 96000 192000
Node 0x07 [Audio Input] wcaps 0x10051b: Stereo Amp-In
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x17, nsteps=0x3f, stepsize=0x02, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x97 0x97]
  SDI-Select: 0
  PCM:
     0x24
Node 0x08 [Audio Input] wcaps 0x10051b: Stereo Amp-In
  Control: name="Capture Volume", index=0, device=0
    ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=0, ofs=0
  Control: name="Capture Switch", index=0, device=0
  Device: name="Generic Analog", type="Audio", device=0
  Amp-In vals:  [0xbf 0xbf]
  Converter: stream=1, channel=0
  PCM:
     0x23
Node 0x09 [Audio Input] wcaps 0x10051b: Stereo Amp-In
  Amp-In vals:  [0x97 0x97]
  PCM:
     0x22
Node 0x0a [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x0b [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x0c [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x0d [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x0e [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x0f [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x10 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x11 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x12 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40040b: Stereo Amp-In
  Control: name="Internal Mic Boost Volume", index=0, device=0
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x27, mute=0
  Amp-In vals:  [0x02 0x02]
  Pincap 0x00000020: IN
  Pin Default 0x90a60130: [Fixed] Mic at Int N/A
    DefAssociation = 0x3, Sequence = 0x0
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 0x20: IN
Node 0x13 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40040b: Stereo Amp-In
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Pin Default 0x40000000: [N/A] Line Out at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0x0, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
Node 0x14 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40058d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Control: name="Speaker Playback Switch", index=0, device=0
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Pincap 0x00010014: OUT EAPD Detect
  EAPD 0x0:
  Pin Default 0x90170120: [Fixed] Speaker at Int N/A
    Conn = Analog, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0x2, Sequence = 0x0
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
     0x02
Node 0x15 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x16 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x17 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x18 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40048b: Stereo Amp-In
  Pincap 0x00003724: IN Detect
    Vref caps: HIZ 50 GRD 80 100
  Pin Default 0x411111f0: [N/A] Speaker at Ext Rear
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Black
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 0x20: IN VREF_HIZ
Node 0x19 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40048b: Stereo Amp-In
  Control: name="Mic Boost Volume", index=0, device=0
  Pin Default 0x04a11040: [Jack] Mic at Ext Right
    DefAssociation = 0x4, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0x24: IN VREF_80
  Unsolicited: tag=02, enabled=1
Node 0x1a [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40048b: Stereo Amp-In
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 0x00: VREF_HIZ
Node 0x1b [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40058f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Pincap 0x00013734: IN OUT EAPD Detect
  EAPD 0x0:
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 0x20: IN VREF_HIZ
  Connection: 2
     0x02* 0x03
Node 0x1c [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x1d [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400400: Mono
  Pin Default 0x4066b905: [N/A] Modem Line at Ext N/A
    Conn = Digital, Color = UNKNOWN
    DefAssociation = 0x0, Sequence = 0x5
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 0x20: IN
Node 0x1e [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400781: Stereo Digital
  Pincap 0x00000014: OUT Detect
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
     0x06
Node 0x1f [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x20 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00040: Mono
  Processing caps: benign=0, ncoeff=91
Node 0x21 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40058d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Control: name="Headphone Playback Switch", index=0, device=0
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Pincap 0x0001001c: OUT HP EAPD Detect
  EAPD 0x0:
  Pin Default 0x04211010: [Jack] HP Out at Ext Right
    DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0xc0: OUT HP
  Unsolicited: tag=01, enabled=1
     0x02 0x03*
Node 0x22 [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010b: Stereo Amp-In
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80]
  Connection: 5
     0x18 0x19 0x1a 0x1b 0x1d
Node 0x23 [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010b: Stereo Amp-In
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x00 0x00]
  Connection: 6
     0x18 0x19 0x1a 0x1b 0x1d 0x12
Node 0x24 [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x300101: Stereo
     0x12* 0x13
--endcollapse--

!!ALSA Device nodes
!!-----------------

crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  4 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/controlC0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  8 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/controlC1
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  3 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/hwC0D0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  7 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/hwC1D0
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  2 Nov  4 18:51 /dev/snd/pcmC0D3p
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  6 Nov  4 18:56 /dev/snd/pcmC1D0c
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  5 Nov  4 18:52 /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  1 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/seq
crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 33 Nov  4 18:50 /dev/snd/timer

/dev/snd/by-path:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  80 Nov  4 18:50 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 240 Nov  4 18:50 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  12 Nov  4 18:50 pci-0000:00:01.1 -> ../controlC0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  12 Nov  4 18:50 pci-0000:00:09.2 -> ../controlC1

!!Aplay/Arecord output
!!--------------------

APLAY

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 0: Generic Analog [Generic Analog]
  Subdevices: 0/1

ARECORD

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 1: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 0: Generic Analog [Generic Analog]
  Subdevices: 0/1

!!Amixer output
!!-------------

!!-------Mixer controls for card 0 [HDMI]

Card hw:0 'HDMI'/'HDA ATI HDMI at 0xf0b60000 irq 37'
  Mixer name	: 'ATI R6xx HDMI'
  Components	: 'HDA:1002aa01,00aa0100,00100700'
  Controls      : 7
  Simple ctrls  : 1
Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]

!!-------Mixer controls for card 1 [Generic]

Card hw:1 'Generic'/'HD-Audio Generic at 0xf0b64000 irq 38'
  Mixer name	: 'Realtek Generic'
  Components	: 'HDA:10ec0230,17aa382f,00100002'
  Controls      : 18
  Simple ctrls  : 8
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 87
  Mono: Playback 87 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Headphone',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 87 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 87 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Speaker',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 0 [0%] [-65.25dB] [off]
  Front Right: Playback 0 [0%] [-65.25dB] [off]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume
  Limits: Playback 0 - 255
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 255 [100%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: Playback 255 [100%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'Mic Boost',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 3
  Front Left: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
  Limits: Capture 0 - 63
  Front Left: Capture 63 [100%] [30.00dB] [off]
  Front Right: Capture 63 [100%] [30.00dB] [off]
Simple mixer control 'Auto-Mute Mode',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Disabled' 'Enabled'
  Item0: 'Enabled'
Simple mixer control 'Internal Mic Boost',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Limits: 0 - 3
  Front Left: 2 [67%] [20.00dB]
  Front Right: 2 [67%] [20.00dB]

!!Alsactl output
!!--------------

--startcollapse--
state.HDMI {
	control.1 {
		iface CARD
		name 'HDMI/DP,pcm=3 Jack'
		value false
		comment {
			access read
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.2 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Con Mask'
		value '0fff000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000'
		comment {
			access read
			type IEC958
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.3 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Pro Mask'
		value '0f00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000'
		comment {
			access read
			type IEC958
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.4 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Default'
		value '0400000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000'
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type IEC958
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.5 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Switch'
		value true
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.6 {
		iface PCM
		device 3
		name ELD
		value ''
		comment {
			access 'read volatile'
			type BYTES
			count 0
		}
	}
	control.7 {
		iface PCM
		device 3
		name 'Playback Channel Map'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
		value.2 0
		value.3 0
		value.4 0
		value.5 0
		value.6 0
		value.7 0
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 8
			range '0 - 36'
		}
	}
}
state.Generic {
	control.1 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Headphone Playback Volume'
		value.0 87
		value.1 87
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 87'
			dbmin -6525
			dbmax 0
			dbvalue.0 0
			dbvalue.1 0
		}
	}
	control.2 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Headphone Playback Switch'
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type BOOLEAN
			count 2
		}
	}
	control.3 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Speaker Playback Volume'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 87'
			dbmin -6525
			dbmax 0
			dbvalue.0 -6525
			dbvalue.1 -6525
		}
	}
	control.4 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Speaker Playback Switch'
		value.0 false
		value.1 false
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type BOOLEAN
			count 2
		}
	}
	control.5 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Auto-Mute Mode'
		value Enabled
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type ENUMERATED
			count 1
			item.0 Disabled
			item.1 Enabled
		}
	}
	control.6 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Volume'
		value.0 63
		value.1 63
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 63'
			dbmin -1725
			dbmax 3000
			dbvalue.0 3000
			dbvalue.1 3000
		}
	}
	control.7 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Switch'
		value.0 false
		value.1 false
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type BOOLEAN
			count 2
		}
	}
	control.8 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Mic Boost Volume'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 3'
			dbmin 0
			dbmax 3000
			dbvalue.0 0
			dbvalue.1 0
		}
	}
	control.9 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Internal Mic Boost Volume'
		value.0 2
		value.1 2
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 3'
			dbmin 0
			dbmax 3000
			dbvalue.0 2000
			dbvalue.1 2000
		}
	}
	control.10 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Master Playback Volume'
		value 87
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 1
			range '0 - 87'
			dbmin -6525
			dbmax 0
			dbvalue.0 0
		}
	}
	control.11 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Master Playback Switch'
		value true
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.12 {
		iface CARD
		name 'Mic Jack'
		value false
		comment {
			access read
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.13 {
		iface CARD
		name 'Internal Mic Phantom Jack'
		value true
		comment {
			access read
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.14 {
		iface CARD
		name 'Headphone Jack'
		value true
		comment {
			access read
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.15 {
		iface CARD
		name 'Speaker Phantom Jack'
		value true
		comment {
			access read
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.16 {
		iface PCM
		name 'Playback Channel Map'
		value.0 3
		value.1 4
		comment {
			access read
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 36'
		}
	}
	control.17 {
		iface PCM
		name 'Capture Channel Map'
		value.0 3
		value.1 4
		comment {
			access read
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 36'
		}
	}
	control.18 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'PCM Playback Volume'
		value.0 255
		value.1 255
		comment {
			access 'read write user'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 255'
			tlv '0000000100000008ffffec1400000014'
			dbmin -5100
			dbmax 0
			dbvalue.0 0
			dbvalue.1 0
		}
	}
}
--endcollapse--

!!All Loaded Modules
!!------------------

Module
rfcomm
cmac
bnep
edac_mce_amd
kvm_amd
ccp
kvm
uvcvideo
snd_hda_codec_generic
snd_hda_codec_hdmi
ledtrig_audio
videobuf2_vmalloc
videobuf2_memops
videobuf2_v4l2
snd_hda_intel
snd_intel_dspcfg
videobuf2_common
btusb
crct10dif_pclmul
videodev
btrtl
crc32_pclmul
btbcm
snd_hda_codec
ghash_clmulni_intel
btintel
snd_hda_core
bluetooth
aesni_intel
mc
snd_hwdep
snd_pcm
snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_midi_event
snd_rawmidi
ecdh_generic
crypto_simd
ecc
cryptd
glue_helper
joydev
input_leds
snd_seq
serio_raw
wmi_bmof
fam15h_power
8821ce
k10temp
snd_seq_device
snd_timer
cfg80211
snd
ideapad_laptop
sparse_keymap
soundcore
elan_i2c
mac_hid
sch_fq_codel
parport_pc
ppdev
lp
parport
ip_tables
x_tables
autofs4
btrfs
xor
zstd_compress
raid6_pq
libcrc32c
dm_mirror
dm_region_hash
dm_log
hid_generic
usbhid
amdgpu
amd_iommu_v2
gpu_sched
i2c_algo_bit
ttm
drm_kms_helper
syscopyarea
sysfillrect
i2c_piix4
sysimgblt
fb_sys_fops
ahci
libahci
drm
wmi
i2c_hid
video
hid

!!Sysfs Files
!!-----------

/sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/init_pin_configs:
0x03 0x185600f0
0x05 0x585600f0
0x07 0x585600f0
0x09 0x585600f0

/sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/driver_pin_configs:

/sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/user_pin_configs:

/sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/init_verbs:

/sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/hints:

/sys/class/sound/hwC1D0/init_pin_configs:
0x12 0x90a60130
0x13 0x40000000
0x14 0x90170120
0x18 0x411111f0
0x19 0x04a11040
0x1a 0x411111f0
0x1b 0x411111f0
0x1d 0x4066b905
0x1e 0x411111f0
0x21 0x04211010

/sys/class/sound/hwC1D0/driver_pin_configs:

/sys/class/sound/hwC1D0/user_pin_configs:

/sys/class/sound/hwC1D0/init_verbs:

/sys/class/sound/hwC1D0/hints:

!!ALSA/HDA dmesg
!!--------------

[    0.247902] ACPI: Added _OSI(Linux-Dell-Video)
[    0.247902] ACPI: Added _OSI(Linux-Lenovo-NV-HDMI-Audio)
[    0.247902] ACPI: Added _OSI(Linux-HPI-Hybrid-Graphics)
--
[   15.847850] Bluetooth: hci0: RTL: loading rtl_bt/rtl8821c_fw.bin
[   15.935046] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:01.1: Force to non-snoop mode
[   16.008032] Bluetooth: hci0: RTL: loading rtl_bt/rtl8821c_config.bin
[   16.008530] Bluetooth: hci0: RTL: cfg_sz 10, total sz 21678
[   16.032653] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:01.1: bound 0000:00:01.0 (ops amdgpu_dm_audio_component_bind_ops [amdgpu])
[   16.033505] input: HDA ATI HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=3 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.1/sound/card0/input9
[   16.040584] snd_hda_codec_generic hdaudioC1D0: autoconfig for Generic: line_outs=1 (0x14/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0) type:speaker
[   16.040588] snd_hda_codec_generic hdaudioC1D0:    speaker_outs=0 (0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
[   16.040589] snd_hda_codec_generic hdaudioC1D0:    hp_outs=1 (0x21/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
[   16.040591] snd_hda_codec_generic hdaudioC1D0:    mono: mono_out=0x0
[   16.040592] snd_hda_codec_generic hdaudioC1D0:    inputs:
[   16.040593] snd_hda_codec_generic hdaudioC1D0:      Mic=0x19
[   16.040595] snd_hda_codec_generic hdaudioC1D0:      Internal Mic=0x12
[   16.046995] input: HD-Audio Generic Mic as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:09.2/sound/card1/input10
[   16.047055] input: HD-Audio Generic Headphone as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:09.2/sound/card1/input11
[   16.054324] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device Integrated Camera (13d3:5a08)
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

We can just continue here at this point. I've put your posts into code boxes to make it easier to read.

There does appear to be an issue with the Realtek module getting discovered properly. That might be part of the issue, or could be a red herring.

Try this in the terminal:

sudo modprobe snd_hda_codec_realtek && sudo alsa force-reload
Any difference?
deader69
Level 1
Level 1

Post by deader69 »

After running the cmd below, there's no longer the crackle when using arrow keys for volume control within VLC.
BUT...
There's now a single crackle-pop whenever I start a movie in VLC, and a single crackle-pop a few seconds after quitting VLC.
Celluloid makes exactly the same sound.

Note that I have NOT rebooted my computer yet. Will do so ASAP.

Here's the cmd & output:

sudo modprobe snd_hda_codec_realtek && sudo alsa force-reload
[sudo] password for deader:      
Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-seq-dummy snd-seq-midi snd-seq-midi-event snd-rawmidi snd-seq snd-seq-device snd-hda-codec-realtek snd-hda-codec-generic snd-hda-codec-hdmi snd-hda-intel snd-intel-dspcfg snd-hda-codec snd-hda-core snd-hwdep snd-pcm snd-timer (failed: modules still loaded: snd-hda-codec-generic snd-hda-codec-hdmi snd-hda-intel snd-intel-dspcfg snd-hda-codec snd-hda-core snd-hwdep snd-pcm snd-timer).
Loading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-seq-dummy snd-seq-midi snd-seq-midi-event snd-rawmidi snd-seq snd-seq-device snd-hda-codec-realtek snd-hda-codec-generic snd-hda-codec-hdmi snd-hda-intel snd-intel-dspcfg snd-hda-codec snd-hda-core snd-hwdep snd-pcm snd-timer.
deader@deader-IdeaPad-S145-15AST:~$ 
deader69
Level 1
Level 1

Post by deader69 »

Okay, did a shutdown, then restart (after running test from prev post).

There was a single pop during shutdown, and a couple of pops during startup (three, I believe).

Both VLC and Celluloid usually pop when starting up, but not always.
Alt-tabbing to cycle thru apps also produced a single pop, sometimes.

It's difficult to reproduce with absolute consistency.
If I start, quit, and restart the same movie, it doesn't pop.
If I cycle thru some other apps, then restart the movie, it does pop.

Would appear to pop whenever the sound driver inits or exits, I guess.
Or is it related to having the .mkv file cached in memory, maybe only pops when reloading from disk?

So, your latest cmd seems to have eliminated arrow key pops, but exacerbated start/stop pops.
They seem to be louder too, but I can't be sure.

Willing to run other experiments for you, if you want.

Thanks,
dave
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Okay, we're getting somewhere.

What you describe is a common issue with the audio power management doohicky. Run this in the terminal then reboot and you should be down to boot up and shutdown pops only:

sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/snd-hda-intel.conf <<<'options snd-hda-intel power_save=0'
That's the best we're going to be able to do at this point. If you wanted to get really fancy, you could write a script that mutes your volume before shutdown, then unmutes it shortly after boot up. To be honest, I'm not totally sure even that would work. There might still be some crackling.

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”