Printer setup for Fuji Xerox DocuPrint P355D

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
karina
Level 1
Level 1

Printer setup for Fuji Xerox DocuPrint P355D

Post by karina » Thu May 17, 2018 11:24 pm

Hi Newbie here,
I am trying to setup my Fuji Xerox with Linux mint, I am a total newbie to linux, I have added the printer and installed the driver but when i go to print on the network it comes up with a PDL error and cancels the job on the printer.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

phd21
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Printer setup for Fuji Xerox DocuPrint P355D

Post by phd21 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:54 am

HI karina,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" and "lsusb" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

Exactly where did you get the drivers for your printer? Do you have a link? How did you install them? How is it connected, directly to a computer, or router, etc...?
Phd21: Mint KDE 17.3 & 18.3, 64-bit Awesome OS, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram,256gb SDD, Video: Intel 4 Graphics, DVD Lightscribe. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

Return to “Newbie Questions”