[POLL ENDED] Vote ! Mint-Y-logo... A New Version Of The LinuxMint logo !

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

Which Linux Mint logo do you prefer? The current version or the proposed new version?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:47 pm

current version
45%
new version
48%
i hesitate
7%

Total votes: 69

sebastjava
Level 5
Level 5

Re: [POLL ENDED] Vote ! Mint-Y-logo... A New Version Of The LinuxMint logo !

Post by sebastjava »

I just re-edited my https://github.com/SebastJava/linuxmint-logo#readme
Not just the README.md presentation, but the whole repository. Everything got re-edited or checked.
  • Better presentation in the README.md, with more images, light or dark GitHub settings
  • New color: #0AC386
  • Re-checked drawing accuracy and SVG codings on many files
  • Sorted, reduced number of versions
And then I also made a draft general presentation on my GitHub profile. A presentation that sheds some light on my motivations here:
Self-Appointed Benevolent Designer

I've been using LinuxMint since 2017. I love this OS, but always felt there was room for improvement on the design side. Design isn't just about being pretty. Design is visual communication that works well and looks great. It seems to me that if LinuxMint started giving more importance to design, then the community would grow, there would be more people and more money, and everything would work better.

I've always been interested in electronics and science. In my youth, I did some programming on early personal computers. Later I had left all that to focus on computer graphics and print design. I have a few years of experience in design and printing. Today, being determined to improve the presentation of LinuxMint, I am slowly learning modern computer programming. Again.
The future Linux Mint Forums is here.
Self-Appointed Benevolent Designer on Linux Mint Cinnamon.

Return to “Your Artwork”