gigabyte gc-wb867d-i wifi nic

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RedRyder

gigabyte gc-wb867d-i wifi nic

Post by RedRyder »

I am having no luck in getting my brand new wifi nic to connect. I cannot even get ndiswrapper to open or the .exe to run from the install disc,HELP PLEASE!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: gigabyte gc-wb867d-i wifi nic

Post by AlbertP »

Hi,

Most wifi adapters don't need a Windows driver/ndiswrapper. That is mostly a last resort, for a few weird devices. (In the past it was used more, many old posts about it are found on the web.) Usually there is a Linux driver available for the device, even if the manufacturer doesn't have it on its web site.

We need to know what kind of chip is in that adapter, because there are at least four different versions of the 'GC-WB867D-I' around. Please open Terminal from the menu, type the following command and press Enter:

Code: Select all

inxi -N
Then please post the output here.

Also, in future please specify which version of Mint you are using, that usually helps a lot to find what's the problem. With old Mints you often need to update some stuff to support newer hardware, and right now I don't know whether that is the case for you.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.

Return to “Hardware Support”