Linux Mint Debian Edition 3 Cindy

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
debiandonder
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint Debian Edition 3 Cindy

Post by debiandonder »

I am interested in using a distribution with Debian as a base instead of Ubuntu.

Will LMDE 3 Cindy be supported for some years, like Debian 9 stretch, which will be supported for at least until 2022?

Using a distribution like Mint will be far less trouble for me than installing Debian myself and picking all the programs that work well together myself. I have done that but it took me days to get it right.

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Linux Mint Debian Edition 3 Cindy

Post by xenopeek »

Moved topic to the LMDE 3 forum.

We don't know yet. Looking back at LMDE 2, it was supported longer than Debian 8's support period—into the period where maintenance of Debian 8 was handed off to the separate LTS team—but not for entirety of the LTS period. Possibly we'll see similar for LMDE 3 and it will be supported for several months after the release of a future LMDE 4.

bodhin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bodhin »

good news!

bodhin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bodhin »

main problem i have wth it is the trackpad- way overly sensitive and a bit too crazy for use. otherwise it seems ok and the control of the trackpad seems rather limited. with debian ggnome even on an old macbook with minmal ram it still is a bit more tweakable than lmde or deb lxde whixh is really wild. wish mint deb could have a more serious trackpad tool. it does seem nice and like the debian base vs ubuntu.

Return to “Newbie Questions”