Hello, newbe here

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
Trutha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, newbe here

Post by Trutha » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:10 pm

Hi guys, i'm new on linux and after a long long time thinking i chose come to the dark side hahaha jokes aside

i really chose mint becouse the interface it's awesome, but i just use on a stick on work then i buyed a new rig
AMD RYZEN 3 2200g
8GB
1050TI
ssd 120gb

and the problens begun, not allowed to use windows 7 was a shot on my foot, windows 10 is so bad, just bad, he made me lost all my work in secs just updating the machine and i lost the system, several bugs etc.. without any permision at all he collect data and use my CPU-GPU-Network, crash too much.

the question is, can i use 100% the hardware on linux? i do some render 3d/programing(especific on a platform to my work don't remeber the name tho its somthing on C# C++) but the render i always did on windows 7 until the new rig

thanks a lot for your reply

Pierre
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Hello, newbe here

Post by Pierre » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:23 pm

just remembering that Rule: "Linux is not Windows" & so your experience will also differ.
- otherwise your hardware should work, just fine.
do boot to an Live LinuxMint session,
& check out, that your hardware is working A.ok,
& & that your Internet Browsing experience is also A.ok.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Trutha
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Trutha » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:33 pm

Thanks i will keep that on my mind, i begun fallow guids and its not so dificult yet, i'm current search how to boot on my motherboard :D

Trutha
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Trutha » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:34 am

Only one update, I have now finished configuring everything, very different and much lighter and smoother, I do not know why it took me so long to use linux, everything working perfectly, I just can not update the graphics card to more current only for 390 (nvidia), tomorrow I look for a way :D :D

Pierre
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Pierre » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:34 am

Jolly Good
8)
we love a Great Ending.
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Introduce yourself”