Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
GELvdH
Level 3
Level 3

Windows file in Wine ( Resolved)

Post by GELvdH »

I got Wine installed and it brings up my Windows program fine but than I have a problem of finding the data files. I am running NordVPN and also have all of my files on MEGA.NZ cloud so when I look for the data files for my program it only shows the normal windows directories not the linux MEGAsync files. Any ideas?
Last edited by GELvdH on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbear
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Windows file in Wine

Post by pbear »

Presumably you ran winecfg when you set up Wine (else it wouldn't work). Run again (in Terminal, if it's not on Menu). This will bring up the Wine Configuration box. Select the "Drives" tab. Add a new drive, setting the path to your cloud location. Not done this, so can't promise it will work, but if it can be done, I'm quite sure this is how you go about it. Click "OK" to close the dialogue.
GELvdH
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Windows file in Wine

Post by GELvdH »

OK, that works. Thanks.
Another question, which is better for running Win 10 programs, Wine or Crossover?
pbear
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Windows file in Wine ( Resolved)

Post by pbear »

Excellent. No experience with Crossover, and haven't noticed anyone else here who does. OTOH, might be a good idea if you're running a bunch of Windows apps. Also, there's something to be said for supporting a project you use a lot, even if you can use it for free.
GELvdH
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Windows file in Wine ( Resolved)

Post by GELvdH »

I am using both wine and crossover. I found that the wine installation from this website " https://kifarunix.com/how-to-install-wi ... ebian-9-8/" works better than the one from the official site. Crossover started out from wine and then they added some refinements, it's very nice.

Return to “Software & Applications”