Before you post please read how to get help
LivingPharaoh
Level 1
Level 1

Trouble with graphical FTP clients

Post by LivingPharaoh » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Hi folks,
Mint Cinnamon 19 here

Because I'm a lazy, eternal noob, I never learned how to run my websites locally so I can edit them. So naturally I like being able to edit remote files and have them upload when I'm finished with minimal effort. This has proven difficult for me since installing Mint (coming from Windows). To make things quick I'm now trying to run Free Open FTP Face, a python program that simply won't launch. Is this a Mint thing? I'm pretty sure I meet the requirements here http://foff.sourceforge.net/

I started my journey with Filezilla, but noticed it just launches my preferred editor (Brackets) and not the file itself. Then I moved onto Krusader, lftp, gftp etc and realised Brackets was at fault. Went back to Filezilla to find it didn't want to open/edit any files AT ALL anymore. gFTP came close to my picky needs, but the thing keeps stalling after it launches my external editor. The bug was reported in 2017 and never addressed, and the ubuntu website responsible won't let me verify my account to submit another.

Really my question here is: why does the Internet hate me?

Return to “Software & Applications”