Questions about applications and software
- Level 8
- Posts: 2499
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:23 pm
- Location: Wiltshire
Assuming you are now a member of vboxusers group, one of three things:
- You need to install guest additions in windows - run the win7 VM and from the devices menu you can select the guest additions cd image (botton of the list). If running seamless the VB menu is a drop down at the top of the screen, if running full screen its bottom right. In win 'my computer' you will see the cd drive, install as you would any win program.
- You need to install the usb3 drivers in win, link in one of my earlier posts. Win7 does not support usb3 'out of the box'.
- You need to change you usb settings in VB - settings menu in vb, usb, you have the choice of usb1.1, 2.0 or 3.0.
If it all works you can go to the devices menu in VB > USB and you should see a list of attached usb devices - select which ones you want to give to windows. It should then appear in 'my computer'. From memory, if a usb device is assigned to windows you can't use it in mint until you deselect it or close win/VB.
Homebrew i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0, 3 x Thinkpad T430 Cinnamon 19.0, i7-3632 , i5-3320, i5-3210, Thinkpad T60 19.0 Mate
- Level 4
- Posts: 351
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:24 pm
- Location: Sydney, Australia
I sent you a private message.
19.2 Mate - Lenovo Y50-70, Intel i7,16Gb ram,1Tb HDD / Win7 Desktop i5-6400,8Gb RAM,1Tb SSD, 2x1Tb HDD
19.2 Cinnamon+(VB Win7) Thinkpad T440p#1 i7-4712 16Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2Tb HDD, 275Gb M.2 SSD.