Power management config files location

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
vansloneker
Level 5
Level 5

Power management config files location

Post by vansloneker » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:35 am

I am looking for the power management config files. Not the power management tool from the menu, but the location of the config files so that I can edit these by hand. Searched everywhere, tried google, could not find them.
Unless stated otherwise Mint 18.3-64 XFCE

===============================================================================================================================Image

catweazel
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Power management config files location

Post by catweazel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:16 am

vansloneker wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:35 am
I am looking for the power management config files. Not the power management tool from the menu, but the location of the config files so that I can edit these by hand. Searched everywhere, tried google, could not find them.
You will probably have to work out exactly what system you want to mess with the power settings for then search on that. Alternatively, do a file contents search in /etc for 'power'.
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

vansloneker
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Power management config files location

Post by vansloneker » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:21 am

There was a time every had to be done by editing config files and less savvy people -like me- were begging for graphical interfaces and now that I need to find one it can't be found!

Thanks for the reply catweazel but I didn't find it. Only thing I found on the internet is /etc/default/acpi-support but this can't be it because

Code: Select all

# Comment this out to disable screen locking on resume
LOCK_SCREEN=true
and on this system screen is not locked on resume just as I had set it by the Power Manager.

It is however a setting I am looking for, disable the default locked screen but from outside the not running operating system.
Unless stated otherwise Mint 18.3-64 XFCE

===============================================================================================================================Image

Return to “Newbie Questions”