software for changing logitech webcam settings

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
second.exodous
Level 1
Level 1

software for changing logitech webcam settings

Post by second.exodous » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:47 am

I was wondering if there was software just for adjusting the settings for logitech webcams. I have the c922x and I'm trying to use a green screen in OBS and I need to adjust the white balance and try a few other settings and I can't do that through OBS. On windows I guess there is a logitech program where everything can be set. Is there an equivalent for Linux?

I know of video for Linux, or v4l-utils. I was hoping for a gui program so I can see what the settings change in real time. From searching it looks like there used to be a gtk program but I can't find it anywhere. I think some webcam programs integrated these controls but they are reset when it is closed. Also, OBS can't use the webcam if another program is using it so I can't just change the settings in a video conferencing program and keep it open to retain the settings.

catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: software for changing logitech webcam settings

Post by catweazel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:41 am

second.exodous wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:47 am
I know of video for Linux, or v4l-utils. I was hoping for a gui program
I suspect you might have to grin and bear the command line. I did some searching but nothing came up about a user interface for linux.
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

second.exodous
Level 1
Level 1

Re: software for changing logitech webcam settings

Post by second.exodous » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:26 am

I don't mind the command line, I think I have to shutdown the video source, apply settings, and then reopen it. I just wanted to see the affects in real time to adjust them. I guess it isn't that bad really, at least I can adjust settings!

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”