Mintbox Mini 2 Pro [SOLVED]

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Nic Deane
Level 1
Level 1

Mintbox Mini 2 Pro [SOLVED]

Post by Nic Deane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:21 am

I would like to buy a Mintbox Mini 2 Pro (and support Mint) but following standard links (https://fit-iot.com/web/buy/#fitlet2) takes me to the States and 3 weeks wait + VAT + customs making a big cost. Is there not a European site that sells the Mintbox cheaper? Tinygreenpc computers where I bought my previous Fitlet 2 (Mintbox equivalent) no longer seem to deal with individuals.
Last edited by Nic Deane on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pierre
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Mintbox Mini 2 Pro

Post by Pierre » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:55 am

those PCs are actually made by Compulab,
and there is an extended range of those things - - not just the LinuxMint branded PCs.

NB: the UK Agent https://www.tinygreenpc.com/fanless-com ... /fitlet-t/
- - doesn't sell to individuals, as you said.
:(
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Nic Deane
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mintbox Mini 2 Pro [SOLVED]

Post by Nic Deane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:15 am

Many thanks, Pierre, for replying. Yes, I had checked the Compulab site as your link suggested but the only they only link to Amazon.com. It looks like I might go for the ACEPC AK2 Mini PC (with Windows 10, 8GB RAM/ 120GB mSATA SSD, Intel Celeron J3455 Processor 4K HD Micro Computer with Gigabit Ethernet, Dual Band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, Dual HDMI Output) which seems to have a very similar spec - except that it is not fanless (as Mintbox is) and we're not supporting Mint through this. Then I would just have to load Mint 19.2 Cinnamon via a USB connection. :( :(

Return to “Other topics”