Pin button on title bar

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
rafaelking
Level 1
Level 1

Pin button on title bar

Post by rafaelking » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:17 pm

Can anybody tell me what the use of the pin button is and how to use it? I have already pressed it several times but it seems to return no function. At first I thought it would work like the "always on top" function. Then I thought it would immediately pin the application to the bottom panel bar... but none was correct. As default, Mint doesn't show it after installation.It allows you to do it in the windows customization.

blueocean
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Pin button on title bar

Post by blueocean » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:10 pm

Please provide details. Mint Cinnamon 19.x? A screen capture of this pin button would be helpful too.
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.

smurphos
Level 13
Level 13

Post by smurphos » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:42 am

It's the sticky button and toggles the window being in visible in all workspaces / only on current workspace.

Blueocean - for your benefit...

For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

blueocean
Level 5
Level 5

Post by blueocean » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:09 pm

I've not seen it before because It's not there with Esco window border, plus, I never tried that setting. I switched to Mint X to see it. Umm, what does it do? I'm clueless too :!:
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.

blueocean
Level 5
Level 5

Post by blueocean » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:58 pm

Looks like if it's disabled by clicking the pin, the window doesn't stay on the desktop, but instead minimizes.

smurphos
Level 13
Level 13

Post by smurphos » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:51 am

I'm not sure how I can explain it better - when the sticky button is checked the window will be visible on all workspaces. When unchecked it will only be visible in the workspace it was launched on.

it's the same thing as the GWL menu option - visible on all workspaces.

For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

blueocean
Level 5
Level 5

Post by blueocean » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:11 pm

So many features available. I never used workspaces, but hopefully it will help answer rafelking's question.

smurphos
Level 13
Level 13

Post by smurphos » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:03 am

The option to enable the sticky pin via the GUI will be gone in Cinnamon 4.4 in any case..

rafaelking
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rafaelking » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:17 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies, guys! I'm sorry for not mentioning the version I'm using. It's the latest one as for today: Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon. I've recently changed from Deepin to Mint. It's been a really interesting experience.

I've tested and it indeed pins the windows to all workspaces!

Good to be part of this family now!

Bye!

Return to “Newbie Questions”