The Bluetooth Blues

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Jfcp
Level 1
Level 1

The Bluetooth Blues

Post by Jfcp » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:51 pm

I have Linux Mint 18.2 installed on an MSI mobo/I3 computer.

A keyboard, mouse, and USB Bluetooth transceiver dongle, all Logitech "Unified" Bluetooth, are installed and have been working perfectly for some time on this machine.

These have always worked seamlessly, with no pairing issues or any of the usual bluetooth hiccups.

When I attempt to pair a new, non-Logitech keyboard (need a backlighted unit now) with the installed 'unified' dongle, nothing happens. The new keyboard gives a blinking "pairing" light, indicating it is trying to pair, but it appears that the dongle won't talk to it.

The new keyboard supports Windows, IOS, and Android bluetooth, and I tried all 3, but nothing makes any difference.

My best guess is there is some driver I need to install on the computer, (though no driver disk was supplied, nor does the "manual" mention this) but it might be that "unified" bluetooth only talks to "unified" devices.

Any insight appreciated!

Seadreamer
Level 3
Level 3

Re: The Bluetooth Blues

Post by Seadreamer » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:29 pm

As far as I know the unified dongle is exclusive to Logitech devices.
Homebrew Intel i7 8700k 32gb RAM
LinuxMint 19.2 Mate
Win 10 for games

Return to “Newbie Questions”