XApp Status applet?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Fizz
Level 4
Level 4

XApp Status applet?

Post by Fizz »

Hi all-

Now that i have updated to 19.3, i am getting a Detected Problem. This new feature is telling me to add the XApp Status Applet, which "allows applications to provide a tray icon without rendering glitches and with support for HiDPI and symbolic icons".

I only partly understand that. :) So i'm not sure if i'd even use this, or how important it is or will be.

Is this applet important, is it safe to ignore, and could i install it later if needed? Thanks!

-Fizz
Moem
Level 21
Level 21

Re: XApp Status applet?

Post by Moem »

I've installed it. It's a way to deliver relevant notifications to me, the user. You can certainly install it later if you want. You can also install it and then decide you don't want it after all, and uninstall it or remove it from the panel. Freedom, baby. Yeah! :D

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Moem
Level 21
Level 21

Re: XApp Status applet?

Post by Moem »

Moderator's note:
The question by Krinkle is now a thread of its own and can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=308759
Please start new topics instead of posting your questions on existing threads. Thanks!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Beginner Questions”