Logitech headphones show up twice in Sound Settings

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
RichInTheUSA
Level 1
Level 1

Logitech headphones show up twice in Sound Settings

Post by RichInTheUSA »

I have a pair of logitech headphones which show up twice in Sound Settings.

They show up as "Digital Output (S/PDIF) Logitech Stereo H650e" AND as "Headphones Logitech Stereo H650e". They actually show up twice in Input and also in Output!

This normally isn't a problem... but when I use applications like "google meet" and "OBS" then i have to use one setting.... and when I use "zoom" I need to use the other. It's an inconvenience to have to switch the sound settings back and forth.

Anyone know of a way that I can simply have the headphones show up ONCE (once in Input, once in Output)? I would of course want to test that they work with all the applications.

Thanks for you help in advance! Rich

MrEen
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Logitech headphones show up twice in Sound Settings

Post by MrEen »

Hi RichInTheUSA.

Install and run PulseAudio Volume Control (pavucontrol) and you can set the Profile for the headphones on the Configuration tab to the appropriate type. I'm assuming these are USB headphones. Is that correct?

RichInTheUSA
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Logitech headphones show up twice in Sound Settings

Post by RichInTheUSA »

Yes, correct... they are USB.

I will the profile to "Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output + Analog Stereo Input"
I've also selected the "Digital Input" and "Digital Output" on the Sound Settings.

I'll now test with various applications and see if any of them do not work, or require me to change to the other Sound Settings.

Thanks again for your help. Very much appreciated.

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”