How to reset desktop (theme, icons, panels) etc to latest look

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
sudhashbahu
Level 1
Level 1

How to reset desktop (theme, icons, panels) etc to latest look

Post by sudhashbahu »

I have been using linux mint xfce since version 13 (maya). With foresight, i created a separate partition for /home and this has enabled me to keep upgrading the versions through 19.3 without having to worry about user data and settings. This has worked like a charm for many years.

However this also meant that the look of the desktop is very dated as setting carried over from older versions, and nowhere close to the modern look of 19.3.

How can i "reset" the desktop look so that everything for an old user looks like a newly created user?

deck_luck
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to reset desktop (theme, icons, panels) etc to latest look

Post by deck_luck »

If you enjoy the old look there certainly is nothing wrong with using it. :wink:

Fortunately, you have access to the settings program to change the default font, panels, theme, and background. The following desktop was created in this manner (click to enlarge):

The only exceptions are some panel plugins were installed from the official LM/Ubuntu repositories (no stinking ppas). I configured my XFCE top panel and bottom dock to resemble mac os.
💡Give a friend a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a friend how to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime. ✝️ 🐧Linux Mint 19 XFCE
How to get help How to mark topic as [Solved]

Return to “Xfce”