Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
INeedABetterUserName
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] Your Software Suggestion for Making Bootable USB's

Post by INeedABetterUserName »

Hello,
Anyone have any suggestions for software to make a USB bootable from an ISO image. Or maybe there is some way to do this within Linux Mint. I prefer to use software in the software manager (less security concerns) but I didn't see anything in there. I will use this to make a bootable USB, to apply firmware updates and install the OS. Thanks!
Last edited by INeedABetterUserName on Sun May 24, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

all41
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Your Software Suggestion for Making Bootable USB's

Post by all41 »

INeedABetterUserName wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:37 pm
Hello,
Anyone have any suggestions for software to make a USB bootable from an ISO image. Or maybe there is some way to do this within Linux Mint. I prefer to use software in the software manager (less security concerns) but I didn't see anything in there. I will use this to make a bootable USB, to apply firmware updates and install the OS. Thanks!
Already installed on Mint:
MInt USB Startup Disk Creator
Mint USB Image Writer

or xfburn (also in the Mint repositories)

Code: Select all

apt install xfburn
libera ab tyrannis

all41
Level 16
Level 16

Post by all41 »

all41 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:42 pm
INeedABetterUserName wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:37 pm
Hello,
Already installed on Mint:
MInt USB Startup Disk Creator
Mint USB Image Writer

or xfburn (also in the Mint repositories)

Code: Select all

apt install xfburn
edit: After re-reading, are you wanting to make a persistant usb, meaning you can apply updates and changes to be available on reboot?
libera ab tyrannis

INeedABetterUserName
Level 1
Level 1

Post by INeedABetterUserName »

all41 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:46 pm
... edit: After re-reading, are you wanting to make a persistant usb, meaning you can apply updates and changes to be available on reboot?
No, I'm just using it to install firmware and also the OS (on another drive) for a new PC build that does not have a DVD drive. The USB Image Writer is what I need. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Return to “Software & Applications”