Left SUSE for LMDE4, how do I do xxx on LM?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
thito01
Level 1
Level 1

Left SUSE for LMDE4, how do I do xxx on LM?

Post by thito01 »

I have recently divorced SUSE and am now dating LMDE4. There are a few things that I could do on SUSE that I have not found the equivalent to on LM.

1) On SUSE, I used the multi-desktop "pager" I am now using the LM "workspace grid and pager". (I normally have 12 active workspaces.)
a) Is there anyway to get the LM pager to stick to the left side of the toolbar and not the right?
b) On SUSE, the desktops that had something open would have the 'square' in the pager updated to show that something is opened. Can I get that same thing from the LM pager? (yes, I know about alt/ctl/up, but I am looking for something more obvious on the toolbar.

2) On SUSE, when using Dolphin, I could create ftp links in the network group for ftp directories that I used all the time. I have not found a way to do that using Nemo on LM. Is there a way? Or, do I need to use a different file manager?

Thanks,
Tony T
Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Left SUSE for LMDE4, how do I do xxx on LM?

Post by Moem »

thito01 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:52 am
I have recently divorced SUSE and am now dating LMDE4.
That's cool. I've moved your posting into the LMDE area; Debian Edition is not Main Edition.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Software & Applications”