Cinnamenu - can't adjust menu width [Solved]

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fstjohn
Level 5
Level 5

Cinnamenu - can't adjust menu width [Solved]

Post by fstjohn »

Latest update of Cinnamenu (2022.10.10) this morning. Can't adjust the menu width. Normally this is a tricky operation and it's hard to catch the right edge of the menu to drag it left (I've got dual monitors and when first installed the menu stretches across both monitors). In this new version it won't drag. I've got a menu stretching across 1 1/2 screens. Height adjustment is OK. Had to revert to the regular menu which I sincerely dislike. Anybody else having this problem?

Mint 20.3 Cinnamon
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Cinnamenu - can't adjust menu width

Post by mikeflan »

Maybe it will be fixed with the next update.

How do you get Cinnamenu?
I guess it is an applet that you get from here:
https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/applets/view/322
fstjohn
Level 5
Level 5

Post by fstjohn »

I get Cinnamenu updates through the update manager. It updated 2022-10-11, Cinnamenu@json, Old Version 2022.09.12 new version 2022.10.10
SallyK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SallyK »

It updated for me, and I'm not having problems adjusting the size. So I'm afraid I don't know what is causing it for you, but it's not a universal problem.
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

SallyK wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:49 pm It updated for me, and I'm not having problems adjusting the size. So I'm afraid I don't know what is causing it for you, but it's not a universal problem.
Same here updated to 2022-10-10 on LM 21 Cinnamon and can resize width and height
fredcw
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fredcw »

Are you still having this problem? What happens if you try to adjust the height of the menu? Does the mouse pointer change to show the resizing mouse pointer at the menu edge?
fstjohn
Level 5
Level 5

Post by fstjohn »

Got it. The key, at least for me, was to change to a list rather than grid view. After doing this I could resize the menu both vertically and horizontally. After resizing I could return to the normal (for me) grid view. Apparently the update reset something. Notice earlier I said the horizontal adjustment was tricky. I'd run into this problem before, and solved it by continually trying different settings until it suddenly worked, but couldn't identify exactly what I'd done to fix the problem. This time I've identified what the problem is and hopefully won't have the problem in future.

I'll mark this thread as solved, but if anyone else has this problem, try changing to list rather than grid in the layout>Applications view mode settings. Again, after adjusting the menu size in list you can change back to grid if desired and everything works.

Return to “Cinnamon”