Embed Current Window File Menu to Panel

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Seek Truth
Level 1
Level 1

Embed Current Window File Menu to Panel

Post by Seek Truth »

Using: Linux Mint Mate 21 Vanessa
Previous: Ubuntu 16

In 16, I had the option to embed the file menu of my focused window inside the top panel at all times; maximized, restored, or even clicking behind the current window. This allowed for the maximum amount a screen space, while maintaining the ability to double click top middle of said panel, and minimize the window. This also maintained a permanent gear in the top right and clock etc.. I have been racking my brain trying to achieve the same layout.

The image below shows chrome maximized with close, minimize and restore in the top left, followed by the file menus. The right side maintains the info icons, time, and system gear. In Mate I can tell chrome to use system toolbars, or autohide the panel. However this does not achieve the same result, and has been buggy as well. Can what is shown below be done in Mint Mate for all apps/windows as achieved in Ubuntu 16?

I believe these are the native settings in Ubuntu; bottom two. "Show the menus for a window" and "Menus visibility".

Last edited by LockBot on Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “MATE”