Can't reach domain

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
crashdavis
Level 1
Level 1

Can't reach domain

Post by crashdavis »

I wasn't sure where this should go, so apologies if it's in the incorrect forum.

I have Xfinity service. Port forwarding was down, forever, so I ran another router behind it and enabled a DMZ on Xfinity and put in the address of the second router (Archer) and now run on that network
I have Ethernet connected from Xfinity to Archer, then archer feeding my NAS and Mint server PC (that will run the website)
Ports forwarded via Archer are 80 NAS and 443 Mint (for an existing website domain, and firewall is off.
My web directory is /var/www/domainfolder
I see my own test page result from the 127.0.0.1 browser.
I try to access my domain via my phone with wifi off, or have someone outside my network try and it cannot be reached.
I'm pretty new to Linux, Ive installed it before successfully, run a web page from it, and installed again here, but that's about the extent of it.
Scouring the web hasn't yielded any decent results over the last few days, mainly due to the fact I cant find my problem. Any fixes I see are for other things that don't work or dont apply to my situation.
Any help is appreciated and let me know if I need to provide further info.

thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”