Clickpad buttons not working on Toshiba Protege X30-E

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
goldengate
Level 1
Level 1

Clickpad buttons not working on Toshiba Protege X30-E

Post by goldengate »

I installed Linux Mint 21.1 Vera (64bit) on a Toshiba Protege X30-E laptop. Everything appears to work except for the touchpad/clickpad buttons (located near the top of the touchpad). The touchpad itself works and is able to imitate left and right mouse clicks.

Since the touchpad is synaptic-brand on this laptop, I followed Linux Mint general instructions and installed the `xserver-xorg-input-synaptics` package. Touchpad buttons still do not work after a restart.

Tried setting synclient configurations, for instance:

Code: Select all

synclient LTCornerButton=1
This does not seem to change anything. Any alternatives/steps I could try?
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aughey
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Clickpad buttons not working on Toshiba Protege X30-E

Post by Aughey »

My toshiba C850 occasionally switches off the trackpad in the bios. At bootup I hit F2 to access it.The setting for doing this is hidden. I went to the "Advanced", tab and scrolled down to "System Configuration",

Clicking that reveals a new menu which included "Internal Pointing Device", which was showing (Disabled)

I changed it to (Enabled) then Save/Exit.

OR you could try Function F5 on bootup as this too sometimes re-enables the trackpad

The only other thing I can think of is to get a usb mouse and use that to bring up settings then scroll down until you see the mouse trackpad one and click on that. Check it's trackpad side to see if that is set to off and if yes change it to on.

Lastly check out your internal cmos battery as a low or expired one may cause this too.

Return to “Hardware Support”