linux mint identifying multiple joysticks

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nik_Rian
Level 1
Level 1

linux mint identifying multiple joysticks

Post by Nik_Rian »

Hello, good nigth

Today while I was carrying out tests with wine and the ubissoft connect and I noticed that the buttons of an xbox controller appeared in the app's interface, the problem being that no one of my controls is connected

I tested it in several apps like steam and in several games and they all identify a connected controller

Using jsteste 4 xbox 360 controllers appeared but I don't even own an xbox 360 controller just an xbox one controller and an imitation of a 360 controller

And while I was writing this, 4 more controls just appeared in jstest

My xbox one controller is working perfectly through bluetooth but my imitation xbox 360 controller is no longer recognized by the system, it uses a small reciver in pendrive format to connect to the device

The controls do not appear when I use xinput in the terminal and both my controls work perfectly in windows (I have dual boot)

I tried to remove the files corresponding to the joysticks in dev/inputs but when I restarted the system they came back

is there any way i can get rid of these ghost joysticks? they really get in my way especially in games that use the controller but I prefer to use the mouse and keyboard
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Hardware Support”