[SOLVED]Network sharing just like windows

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GMvaring
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED]Network sharing just like windows

Post by GMvaring »

So, i finally found out the problem from my previous Topics and why i was not getting the answer i wanted but now i know so i may tell it. So you now you can share your internet using hotspot both on Linux and Windows and share your Wi-fi to other users but not the same as for ethernet, when you attempt to use hotspot(Connected via ethernet) you find out that the network has started but only without the internet so in windows you would usually go to network connections go to your ethernet adapter and toggle sharing to the adapter which is hosting the network and get internet through it, i found out about this and thought. Can i do the same with linux and fix my problem?, so if you have a solution can you please let me know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GMvaring
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [SOLVED]Network sharing just like windows

Post by GMvaring »

Found out the if you start a hotspot(via ethernet) for the first time in a fresh install and no reboot or shutdown to be working so i started one and saved that hotspot by going to (Network connected > {Your first Hotspot since install and no reboot} > Configure {The gear icon in the bottom} > Hotspot name {Not SSID} and giving it a custom name) then whenever i need hotspot i would go to (Network settings > Wifi > Connected to hidden network > select your saved hotspot > connect) and it would start the hotspot that is working

[Know that i just found this out and i don't know if this stays this way or not]

Return to “Networking”