question about hdd after installation

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
faustf
Level 1
Level 1

question about hdd after installation

Post by faustf »

hello i have a problem with a secondary hdd, i installed the pc twice the first time i installed it a long time ago and (i think probably) i installed the data on the first ssd disk and while it was installing i left the second disk attached, i think that I initialized the file system on the second disk in a different way from the classic ext4 , so much so that when I reinstalled the first disk for the second time I first removed the second disk and then the installation added the second disk again but now it doesn't see it and it tells me with gparted unallocated disk, can someone help me? Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: question about hdd after installation

Post by mikeflan »

Ha, this one is too funny :lol: Are you familiar with the period?
i think that I initialized the file system on the second disk in a different way from the classic ext4
No need to guess. Check it out in Disks and tell us what the format is.
I reinstalled the first disk for the second time I first removed the second disk and then the installation added the second disk again
That doesn't sound right to me. How did you removed the second disk? Did you unplug it? How did the installation add the second disk back? We are not familiar with the install procedure plugging a disk into your mother board or USB.

Return to “Installation & Boot”