Unable to connect to Mint 18.3 via wifi

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vansloneker

Unable to connect to Mint 18.3 via wifi

Post by vansloneker »

I no longer can connect to a Mint 18.3 system via wifi. The system has Logitech Media Server running. I've set up wifi to be able to connect with the Squeezer app on an Android smartphone. This has worked on the first two or three occasions. It no longer works.
I was suspecting the app, but I am also unable to connect from another computer. And, both computers do not see the other on the network, so no samba connection either. This makes me think it is some sort of network error.
All units do have an internet connection on wifi, so that works. What doesn't work is access to the system on local network level.
Connecting to another router with another IP range makes no difference.
The 18.3 system will access the media server in a local browser, so I got the IP right.

It does work wired, but the phone has no wired connection.

Any ideas?
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Unable to connect to Mint 18.3 via wifi

Post by Pjotr »

Mint 18.x is dead. Replace it by a supported Mint version and take it from there.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Mod notes:
Some posts removed. We can recommend people to upgrade, and we can do this while being polite about it. What we can't do here is order people around or be a bully.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
vansloneker

Post by vansloneker »

I ask for my account to be removed. I'd appreciate the help I've had on this forum in the past, but I don't agree with you on your last post. I have all right to stand up for myself and I don't have to defend myself for using a particular version of Mint. That is not bullying. It's your arrogant Dutch attitude. If you don't agree, and apparently you don't, I don't belong here.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

vansloneker wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:03 am I don't have to defend myself for using a particular version of Mint. That is not bullying.
I fully agree. Apparently you have misunderstood me completely. We will continue this conversation in PM.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Networking”