xfce dimming non active window evolution mail text

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
flyingrhino
Level 4
Level 4

xfce dimming non active window evolution mail text

Post by flyingrhino »

On LM 21.1 xfce , when I have the compose message window to write an email in plain text - the text is fine.
But when I activate another window (any program) and the compose message is not the active window - the text dims out and turns this barely readablegrey.

This only happens with Plain Text messages. Does not happen with html format messages.

Does anyone know a solution to this madness?

I've narrowed it down to the theme by going into: Menu -> Settings icon -> Appearance -> Style , and changing it from Mint-X-Red to a different theme that does exhibit this behavior. So it's something inside one of the configs here: /usr/share/themes/Mint-X-Red/ , but I can't figure out which variable.

Looks like LM21 XFCE is several steps back from LM19 in usability and some bad decisions have been made in copying all the wrong features of the other operating systems.

Thanks,
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”