Display Inconsistencies

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WHVW
Level 5
Level 5

Display Inconsistencies

Post by WHVW »

Hi All:

I have been meaning to ask this for years. When looking for files, I get the alphabetical order with hidden files after that I want. Yet, for other functions, I can get 1). alphabetical with hidden mixed, 2). Reverse alphabetical with hidden mixed, or 3). Reverse alphabetical.

How can I get the alphabetical order with hidden files after that I want in all displays?

LM versions right up to 20.x

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Display Inconsistencies

Post by Cosmo. »

Impossible to answer, because you did not name any program.

Keep in mind, that hidden files start with a dot (.), so their filename does not really start with the first letter.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

With every file manager I've used in Linux, if you click show hidden files and then set sort to alphabetic, all files beginning with a period get put in front or at the back depending on whether you selected ascending or descending sort. AFAIK there's no way around this.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
WHVW
Level 5
Level 5

Post by WHVW »

All: I'll get some screenshots together..

Return to “Software & Applications”