[SOLVED] br-connection-failed: timeout

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HappyWarrior
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] br-connection-failed: timeout

Post by HappyWarrior »

I thought I'd post this because I finally solved this problem with getting a bluetooth device connected. It's probably pretty obvious to an experienced user, but anyway, this is what I did:
  1. open the bluetooth manager
  2. Connect the device. This isn't the solution--the problem was that it found the device, but it disappeared. Hitting connect once produced another error that I don't remember. It repeatedly failed to work, but the path I eventually found after this was:
  3. right click the device
  4. go to audio profile
  5. change to High Fidelity Playback
This caused it to connect, and the blue light on the device stopped flashing, but there was still no audio. So I then did this:
  1. open sound make sure the correct output device was highlighted
  2. open pulse audio volume control
  3. Go to Configuration
  4. Click profile (of the device in question)
  5. Change to High Fidelity playback
Just FYI, it was not helpful to set other devices as the fall back device or try to turn them off. That had no effect whatsoever.
Also, I did not have to change the codec.

That solved it in this case; I hope it's helpful because it seems like people were coming up against a lot of dead ends :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”