Missing Icon

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
adgalloway
Level 1
Level 1

Missing Icon

Post by adgalloway »

This is probably a dumb question, but it is really bugging me. I used a program called MakeMKV to rip DVD's I own for streaming on a home media server. I installed the MakeMKV program through the software manager, it is a flatpak, no LM package of that app is available. The software is routinely updated and yesterday when I opened the application I got a pop-up that a new version was available and I could no longer use the older version for free. You can buy a license or you must upgrade to the newer version. No problem, except Flatpak has not updated to version 17.4, only 17.3 is on offer.

So, I went to the website and downloaded the newest version directly, installed it, everything works great, except one thing. The desktop icon was not included, so I'm stuck with a generic document icon. I reinstalled the flatpak version, and used the icon from that installation, then uninstalled the flatpak version. The next time I rebooted the icon had reverted, I guess it was uninstalled along with the flatpak version.

I want the pretty blue icon back, how can I get it?

Thanks, TG
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”