Alternative donation method

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
luciole75w
Level 1
Level 1

Alternative donation method

Post by luciole75w »

Hello,

I have read several other threads, such as viewtopic.php?p=2054838#p2054838, but not found a suitable reply unfortunately.

Like many people here, i'm a happy user of Linut Mint for quite some years and want to help this great OS keep going by a regular donation.

Based on paypal EULA, i don't and i won't use it, even for a one-shot account-less payment which requires phone number (?!) and other personal info. I was really keen on backing Mint for the good work of the team so i have created a patreon account just for that, but after seeing the number of third-party trackers on their website and carefully reading their privacy policy, i'd really like to avoid using this service as well. Finally, regarding the cryptocurrencies, i may, as very last resort, consider using ethereum now that they have ditched that proof-of-work environmental insanity, but i'd clearly prefer to keep staying away from this highly speculative domain as i managed to do so far.

So, let's dream of an ideal world ^^, would it be possible to simply have an IBAN on the donors page (https://www.linuxmint.com/donors.php), so that we could directly set up scheduled bank transfers ?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Alternative donation method

Post by xenopeek »

Thank you for wanting to support the Linux Mint developers! Linux Mint knows some users have objections to using PayPal. As I understood it PayPal automates parts of the complex tax administration. Maybe at some point in the future another payment processor will be added but for right now the options are limited to what is on the donors page. Patreon could be an alternative. It is for monthly donations but you can stop a membership at any time and that will immediately cancel future payments.
luciole75w
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Alternative donation method

Post by luciole75w »

Ok, thanks for your quick reply.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”