LMDE 6 “Faye” – BETA Release

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

LMDE 6 “Faye” – BETA Release

Post by clem »

tane
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LMDE 6 “Faye” – BETA Release

Post by tane »

The LMDE release notes say if you are having trouble with KDE applications "apt install kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-data kdelibs5-plugins" but then apt returns it is unable to locate those packages.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, tane.

As Clem's blog article mentions the right place for bug reports about LMDE 6 beta would be this webpage: https://github.com/linuxmint/lmde6-beta. Therefore you may perhaps like to report the problem, which you detected, there.

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

jarbelix's post can be found in the dedicated thread here: LMDE 6 “Faye” Beta L2TP VPN doesn't work.
(Help requests and problems reports should not be suffixed to a release announcement, please. As the text box having the red background tells: "Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead. ")
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
Jolly Roger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Jolly Roger »

I wanted to extend my thanks to the developers

of the LDME 6 BETA distribution.
---
Tested in the Lab, and Live at Home,

everything a worked smoothly, uninstalling the 20

programs I don't use, and installing the 3 I do use.
---
Protonmail VPN also works without problems.
---
Very well also the installation phase that was

further simplified.
---
Hello.

⚠️
Translation via DeepL
🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺
Linux Mint LMDE 6 / Dell OptiPlex SSF Plus 7010 / Intel Core 13 i7-13700 / SSD NVMe M.2 Seagate FireCuda 530 Heatsink 1TB /
RAM DDR5 16 GB / Intel Raptor Lake-S UHD Graphics 770
TuxSymphony
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TuxSymphony »

LMDE 6 'Faye' Beta iso reissue

Seems a critical issue was found in live-installer in the initial beta release.
So download links are removed until repositories are populated with the revised iso's and checksums.
More info:
https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=4562

apologies to mods if this is in the wrong section but, seemed relevant
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Thank you very much, Tux Symphony, for making us aware that the original blog post LMDE 6 “Faye” – BETA Release has been updated by prefixing the important warning to it. - At least I had not noticed so, yet.
Lifeline
Jolly Roger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Jolly Roger »

Thank you for the report, TuxSymphony.
🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺
Linux Mint LMDE 6 / Dell OptiPlex SSF Plus 7010 / Intel Core 13 i7-13700 / SSD NVMe M.2 Seagate FireCuda 530 Heatsink 1TB /
RAM DDR5 16 GB / Intel Raptor Lake-S UHD Graphics 770
RamBurner
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RamBurner »

The Beta 2 won't burn to a flash drive, the original beta burns fine, runs fine. I'm going to install the LMDE6 beta to my other machine, which I had tested the beta on from the Live USB. I saw there was supposed to be a critical error in the original beta ISO, but from what I see it is actually the Beta 2 that has the problem. I'm ditching this beta2 ISO and install with the beta ISO that burned fine and ran fine. I had downloaded the Beta2 from the USA Harvard engineering link on the page. What was the critical error on the Beta ISO? Something has gone wrong on your end with the beta 2.
I can't give any error log on the beta 2 because it won't burn to a usb with Rufus 4.2, which works fine with everything except the beta 2 ISO, when you click start on rufus to start the burn, it just closes and doesn't do anything. Beta 2 is bad, at least the one USA Harvard Engineering has.
I will test with another Beta 2 from another USA site link and see if it acts up, I'll check the MD5 on it as well, and check the bad beta 2 file as well.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

RamBurner wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:18 amWhat was the critical error on the Beta ISO? Something has gone wrong on your end with the beta 2.
You will find Clem's explanation prefixed to the original announcement blog post here: https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=4562 and also on Github here: https://github.com/linuxmint/lmde6-beta/issues/31
Lifeline
RamBurner
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RamBurner »

karlchen wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:28 am
RamBurner wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:18 amWhat was the critical error on the Beta ISO? Something has gone wrong on your end with the beta 2.
You will find Clem's explanation prefixed to the original announcement blog post here: https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=4562 and also on Github here: https://github.com/linuxmint/lmde6-beta/issues/31
The GigeNET Beta 2 burned fine, the Harvard Engineering one didn't. I read Clem's explanation, thank you Karlchen
RamBurner
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RamBurner »

I'll wait, the beta 2 burned to flash drive fine, installed, no grub screen, just a grub prompt. It did find my wireless PCIe card fine and the prompt to install driver for it, didn't offer the video card driver installation like Debian 12 did. The live looks great, would love to run LMDE6, I'll wait though. I put 21.2 Cinnamon back on it.
TuxSymphony
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TuxSymphony »

LMDE6 is now in testing for Final Release :D
https://community.linuxmint.com/iso
liability
Level 1
Level 1

Post by liability »

The stable release is out and populating the mirrors. Shouldn't be long before the official announcement.
Maxwell-J
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Maxwell-J »

:D

Return to “Releases & Announcements”