Torcs racing game with Xbox 360 controller?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thomasreed
Level 1
Level 1

Torcs racing game with Xbox 360 controller?

Post by thomasreed »

I've just upgraded my Dell Optiplex 9020 with an i7 CPU, 32 GB of RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 TI GPU. The graphics on Heaven are quite heavenly. I don't computer-game much, but with those graphics I decided to try the Torcs open source racing game. I couldn't really do well using my computer keyboard, so I got an Xbox 360 style of controller. I did check it and the computer can see it, but it doesn't work in the game. Does anyone know of a driver that will let the controller run the game? I've scoured the expected web sites and haven't found any drivers or mods that will let the controller run the game. Thanks for any help you might give me!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MiZoG
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Torcs racing game with Xbox 360 controller?

Post by MiZoG »

Xbox controllers are supported natively. You have xboxdrv as an alternative driver but I doubt it will offer the functionality you seek and I don't know if using xboxdrv is nowadays recommended at all.

Now if what you try to play has no native support for your controller, then perhaps you should look for applications like qjoypad and antimicro that allow remapping controller buttons to keyboard keystrokes.

Allow me to express the opinion that Torcs is not the ideal medium to test your upgraded graphics.
Have a look at the variety of free racing games on Steam for instance.
Chances to get a working controller increase dramatically with Steam.
dorothydiaz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Torcs racing game with Xbox 360 controller?

Post by dorothydiaz »

Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 controller may not work with Torcs out of the box due to driver compatibility issues. You might want to try searching for specific drivers or mods designed to enable controller support for Torcs. Visiting dedicated forums or websites related to Torcs and gaming communities could potentially yield solutions or guidance on how to install or configure the necessary drivers. Good luck with getting your controller to work with the game! You can download Traffic Rider APK official website or reputable app stores like Google Play Store or Apple App Store, ensuring you're getting the file from a legitimate source to avoid any security risks.

Return to “Software & Applications”