OpenRGB Autostart - Loading a profile on Startup/Boot

About writing shell scripts and making the most of your shell
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Duke49th
Level 1
Level 1

OpenRGB Autostart - Loading a profile on Startup/Boot

Post by Duke49th »

Hi.

I am obviously a beginner. But I was not able to find a proper way to autostart OpenRGB in a way that it loads a profile.

It's neccessary for me, since my RAM (Kingston Hyperfury) does not keep the setting. It returns to the bright wave, which is annoying and distracting since the PC is next to my monitor.

After testing a lot with the help of ChatGPT4 I found a solution that works for me. Instead of auto starting OpenRGB and loading a profile - which often does not work properly, since it does not always loads the profile when its loaded - and I do not even want the programm to be open. I just want the profile to be loaded.

So instead of starting OpenRGB then terminating it, which as said, does not work properly for loading the profile.

I created a .sh script in my home folder:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=openrgb org.openrgb.OpenRGB --profile "dark-red-ram"
I then start the script via "Startup Applications" with a delay of 10 seconds.
openrgb-script-autostart.png
Works perfect. It just loads the profile and changes the LED to my desired dark red color.

Not sure tho if that is the most elegant way. But since I was not able to find another way anywhere else, I'll take it.

I hope that helps someone else who is a bloody beginner like me and can't "google" a proper solution.
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Pro | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia RTX 3060 TI | 16GB DDR-4 3200 | Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon | Seasonic Modular 750W || Modded Acer Aspire 5750Z from 2011 | i7 2720qm | 8gb DDR3-1600 | 240GB SSD | Linux Mint 21.3 XFCE

Return to “Scripts & Bash”