Premium suggestions??? [solved]

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stevengarland
Level 5
Level 5

Premium suggestions??? [solved]

Post by stevengarland »

What is this new thing I see when I look at Forum questions/answers. A rotating green circle in the lower right that, when clicked on, offers a "premium answer".
Last edited by stevengarland on Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep It Simple Sweetheart
gittiest personITW
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Premium suggestions???

Post by gittiest personITW »

Not seen that.

Can you post a screenshot?
What browser/extensions are you using?
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

gittiest personITW wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:46 am Not seen that.

Can you post a screenshot?
What browser/extensions are you using?
+1. Never seen that either. I'd be worried about the browser/extensions I was using too.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

+1 Me too! Where can I find one? How much? I wanna be a premium (insert appropriate pronoun here), too! :lol:
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
tonywhelan
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tonywhelan »

stevengarland wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:30 am What is this new thing I see when I look at Forum questions/answers. A rotating green circle in the lower right that, when clicked on, offers a "premium answer".
Not seen anything like that on the Linux Mint Forums (I'm using Google Chrome).
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon household.
If your issue is solved, please edit your first post in the topic, adding [SOLVED] to the title.
Midnight True
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midnight True »

stevengarland wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:30 am
On Librewolf 120.0-2 (flatpak) if Ublock is Turned off what i saw was cookie policy agreement "Ok" button. But i can't find the "Premium"
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

What I would try is this:

Make sure your browser is closed. Go into the file manager and enable viewing hidden files. Then find the config file or folder (likely folder) for the browser in question. And rename it to <whatever it was>_BAK.

Then restart the browser. Since there will now be no config files by the name it was expecting, it will create a new one with the OOTB default settings.

If the problem persists I'd suspect a hacked browser. It it stops I'd suspect an extension is bad.

This is a good trick. And it's better IMO than just deleting the config file in general, as often suggested, because this way you can get the original file back easily.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
stevengarland
Level 5
Level 5

Post by stevengarland »

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I don't see it today. If I do see it again I will post it.
I am using plain old Chrome stable for a browser.
stevengarland
Level 5
Level 5

Post by stevengarland »

I can see it in the lower right corner of this response; however it does not show up when I try to save it or print it. Seems to have something to do with the Grammerly app that I added to Chrome
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

You mean the grammerly Chrome extension? Just disable or remove the damn thing and see if the problem persists.

And what is the point of posting a screenshot of it when no other users have seen it?
Midnight True
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midnight True »

stevengarland wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:31 pm
I see. If you do use it but only want to make this extension working on certain websites. Please navigate on Chrome Settings --> Extensions --> Grammarly --> Details --> Choose when this extension can read and change your site data --> set it to either Ask everytime or Allow on specific site depending on your use case and convenience

Return to “Non-technical Questions”