Linux Mint XFCE 21.2 Panel

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
newguytryingames
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint XFCE 21.2 Panel

Post by newguytryingames »

Hello, I've been trying to customize Linux Mint XFCE in preparation for installing it on my old notebook. I came across two problems. First, when changing the panel color to white, the text color stays the same (white), making the text barely readable. Second of all, window grouping. I wanted the XFCE panel to look like Cinnamon's panel when it comes down to window grouping. I did something simple. I opened the Whisker Menu and edited the Window buttons. I removed the labels from the buttons and grouped the windows in the behavior section. It's not much but it's an improvement from how the panel looks on default. The real issue is when you open programs that are pinned to the panel, it makes a separate copy of the program. (For example, clicking the pinned Firefox would make it so there's another Firefox at the end of the panel.) Are there any plugins or programs that could fix these two problems? If so, let me know.
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Linux Mint XFCE 21.2 Panel

Post by billyswong »

https://github.com/nsz32/docklike-plugin

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xubuntu-dev/extras
sudo apt update
sudo apt install xfce4-docklike-plugin
Reorder items inside this panel plugin by ctrl+mouse drag.
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Linux Mint XFCE 21.2 Panel

Post by billyswong »

About panel text:
If one choose Mint-X theme, one can get light color panel with dark text on it. So text color on panel is definitely a part of theme. So in theory one should be able to do some mix-and-match editing in theme to get what you want.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”