(Solved) Audio only playing in speakers regardless of output selection

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Troysds
Level 1
Level 1

(Solved) Audio only playing in speakers regardless of output selection

Post by Troysds »

I've been on Linux mint for about 4 days and i'm loving the experience however i've ran into audio issues day one and i've been trying to get them fixed since then I have 4 audio options and tried all of them and its all played on my speakers i've tried using alsamixer and other apps to mute and master toggle mute but this just mutes all of the outputs can anyone please help any ideas would be much appreciated :D
Last edited by Troysds on Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Audio only playing in speakers regardless of output selection

Post by SMG »

Troysds wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:13 pm I've been on Linux mint for about 4 days and i'm loving the experience however i've ran into audio issues day one and i've been trying to get them fixed since then I have 4 audio options and tried all of them and its all played on my speakers i've tried using alsamixer and other apps to mute and master toggle mute but this just mutes all of the outputs can anyone please help any ideas would be much appreciated :D
Welcome to the forum, Troysds.

Please open the System Reports app and click the System Information tab on the left. Your computer's information should come up in the right pane. Then click the Copy button in the lower right and paste the results into a reply window here so we can see how Linux Mint views your hardware.
(Note: Please do not use the System Info app because that is different and does not add the code tags.)

Please also describe from where you want to hear sound.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
Troysds
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Audio only playing in speakers regardless of output selection

Post by Troysds »

I should have changed this to solved but I’ve gotten it to work now but thank you for helping!

Return to “Sound”