Submitting wallpaper?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ander111
Level 3
Level 3

Submitting wallpaper?

Post by ander111 »

Hey guys,

LM rules! I'm continually amazed at how good it is... Thanks for all your hard work.

My wife and I have been taking some pretty good photos up on Canada's west coast, and I wondered if any of our shots might make nice wallpaper to bundle with LM. How can we submit them, and what dimensions should they be?

Thanks, A.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Submitting wallpaper?

Post by xenopeek »

For current releases of Linux Mint the wallpapers come from unsplash.com and are licensed under the Unsplash License (basically: photos are gratis, also for commercial use, and no permission or attribution is required). Linux Mint gives attribution to all photographers in the /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint-<release name>/Credits files and in the "What's new" description for each release. I don't know how they are selected but I think it's Clem that chooses the wallpapers.

If you look at the images in /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint-<release name>/ you can see most are at least 4K resolution (3840x2160), many are huge 24MP resolution (6000x4000). If you want to share your photos with the world you could consider making an account on unsplash.com and uploading them there, then email the Linux Mint developers with a link to your profile on unsplash.com and suggesting your work for including in a future Linux Mint release.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”