LMDE Black screen booting live cd or desktop gui

Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Snipes89
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE Black screen booting live cd or desktop gui

Post by Snipes89 »

Hello I am new to the linux jungle

I was using Mint 21 and I decided to try LMDE and I went to go try to boot up to install it and I get a black screen on my main monitor 4K Samsung G7A monitor, I also tried to install via OEM and when it loads the desktop I get black screen ? It works normally for the regular version of Mint
Last edited by SMG on Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to LMDE forum.
Bertium
Level 2
Level 2

Re: LMDE Black screen booting live cd or desktop gui

Post by Bertium »

Snipes89 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:59 pm Hello I am new to the linux jungle

I was using Mint 21 and I decided to try LMDE and I went to go try to boot up to install it and I get a black screen on my main monitor 4K Samsung G7A monitor, I also tried to install via OEM and when it loads the desktop I get black screen ? It works normally for the regular version of Mint
I had a similar problem under LMDE5 after a regular update. Black screen after power on.
To solve this problem I had to change from cinnamon to MATE.

I use now LMDE6 and there are no problems to date.

I am a newby, may be this info is not a solution. ;) ;)

But the profis here need a system info, can you get one for the regular working version of Mint?

Regards Norbert
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Snipes89 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:59 pmIt works normally for the regular version of Mint
Welcome to the forum, Snipes89.

Because it works "normally" for Mint 21, please provide system information using Mint 21. Perhaps there is something in your hardware which might be reacting differently to the two different versions.

Please open the System Reports app and click the System Information tab on the left. Your computer's information should come up in the right pane. Then click the Copy button in the lower right and paste the results into a reply window here so we can see how Linux Mint views your hardware.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
Snipes89
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Snipes89 »

l
Last edited by Snipes89 on Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vimes666
Level 6
Level 6

Post by vimes666 »

I get a black screen on my main monitor 4K Samsung G7A monitor,
I normally have only one monitor physically connected when I boot from a live volume, because I experienced simular problems with that in the past.
If you think the issue is solved, edit your original post and add the word solved to the title.

Return to “Installation & Boot”