Update Mint Mirrors to see new 21.3 Virginia

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dullard du Jour
Level 5
Level 5

Update Mint Mirrors to see new 21.3 Virginia

Post by Dullard du Jour »

The Update Manager would not show the 21.3 Virginia upgrade until I updated the Update Manager. Once that happened, I did a refresh and the update displayed for the new Mint-Mirror. Once the Mint Mirror was updated, 21.3 will appear in the Edit menu of the Update Manager as an upgrade.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Update Mint Mirrors to see new 21.3 Virginia

Post by MurphCID »

I see it, but the wifi at Black Rifle is so slow this morning, I am going to wait to get home to do the update.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

People can wait until the upgrade process is announced to upgrade. That will help reduce the clog on the servers.

Also, the update for the Mint mirrors is a separate update not related to the upgrade. I received the Mint mirrors package update on my LM20.3 install.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
Dullard du Jour
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Dullard du Jour »

Not a problem, I can wait and give the servers some breathing room.

I frequently check for updates but this is the first I was offered the update to Update Manager, followed by the new Mint-Mirrors update. I assumed the mint-mirror update is for Virginia, why Update Manager update was offered now, I have no idea. I did use UM late last night and nothing was offered other than a firmware and browser update. However, I do have Update Manager set to only announce security and kernel updates.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Lou77 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:02 pmI frequently check for updates but this is the first I was offered the update to Update Manager, followed by the new Mint-Mirrors update.
I had updates for both as well on LM20.3. I didn't check to see what was updated in Update Manager for me.
Lou77 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:02 pmI assumed the mint-mirror update is for Virginia
I know there have been recent requests to provide a mirror so that file is updated every once in a while anyhow as new mirrors are created and others no longer being offered.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”