No models in "Create document" Caja right-click menu

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arkem
Level 1
Level 1

No models in "Create document" Caja right-click menu

Post by Arkem »

Hello

I've got several computers installed with the same Linux Mint MATE edition. All works fine, except a little but annoying issue with one of them : when I right click in a Caja window, the "Create file" sub-entry contains none of the models I've put in the Models directory. The very same files are installed in the Models directory of my other computers, and appears correctly in their menu.

I have tried figuring out where the configuration is stored in my home directory either with grep and dconf-editor, but I didn't find anything. Does someone has an idea where to find it, or is it better to delete all my GTK/GNOME/MATE/Mint configuration files from a terminal outside the graphical session, and reconfigure everything ?

Thanks in advance
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Re: No models in "Create document" Caja right-click menu

Post by billyswong »

Open ~/.config/user-dir.dirs. Take a look at the line with XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR. My computer defaults that folder to "$HOME/Templates". So template files are sourced from "Templates" folder.

When one switch UI language for the whole DE, the next login will offer one a chance to update these special folder names to match the locale preference, renaming them to one's local language.
Arkem
Level 1
Level 1

Re: No models in "Create document" Caja right-click menu

Post by Arkem »

It works !

I did the wrong translation from the french word "Modèles" to the english "Models", instead of "Templates". This is why I didn't find it.

Strangely, the line XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR= didn't point to any directory inside my home. Maybe I did a change by mistake while trying another language someday the way you told. I just had to add the right name, and it's ok now.

Thank you very much !

Return to “MATE”